Author Topic: Music, I need Music...  (Read 625 times)

SkateMate

Music, I need Music...
« on: March 08, 2022, 01:25:01 pm »
Hey all, long time no post for me...

Been away from the ice rink industry for a while but i'm back now but my local rink is boring and there are no dance skaters here so I don't get to hear your typical patch ice dance music. I actually have no idea what its called but im sure you folks but know what music I mean.

I'm trying to get hold of some so I can wind the coaches up on patch sessions. Checked out you tube but could only find one video of a someone doing a joke compilation piece. The music was referred to as International skating ice dance compulsory music.

Ive found north american stuff but its not what you hear in british rinks.

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Music, I need Music...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:52:30 am »
Whatever floats your boat - personally I would pay money to have all of that music permanently destroyed!

One of the reasons I like skating outdoors on wheels is I don't have to put up with other people's ideas of good music to skate to, be it pattern dance dirges or bubblegum pop.  If I am listening to something I love, I skate 10 times better.

black

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 10:20:52 am »
Interesting question; I think it's something that has 'just been around' and nobody has asked before.

Nothing on the UK NGBs shop; https://merchandise.iceskating.org.uk
For the ISU, it's out of stock; https://shop.isu.org/index.php/single-pair-skating-ice-dance/music/isu-official-dance-music-22-compulsory-dances-midnight-blues-rhumba-damore-detail

Check the 'Cutting Edge Figure Skating Club' channel on Youtube;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClOhN1DnroFkf9AVGS6JD5w/videos
Foxtrot, European Waltz, Argentine Tango, & Starlight Waltz - these sound recognizable?

Weird; normally I'd be like the cat meme 'do not want', but I'm getting a sad nostalgia feeling at the moment.

It's a shame that these tracks aren't readly available on digital platforms too; just checked iTunes, and while they have other ballroom tracks they don't appear to have anything ISU/ice dancing related. (They do have the dreaded bleep test track though)

If I am listening to something I love, I skate 10 times better.

Yep; spot-on  8)
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 11:11:20 am »

Tired of the tango
Fed up with fandango
Dance on moonbeams
Slide on rainbows
In furs or blue jeans
You know what I mean
Do the Strand

SkateMate

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 12:49:01 pm »
The versions that cutting edge have (and others) and not the same style as what im looking for unfortunately. I did find one guy doing videos with the right style but he talks over them.

SkateMate

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 02:16:34 am »
HA HAAAA - Found it  :D Happy bunny time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hcw0J6L5o4 NOW i feel like im in an ice rink.

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 08:43:02 am »
Ah, memories...

I used to have the full set of tapes, taken from the ISU CD, in a neat case that went to the rink with me every day.

Sadly, as my "local" rink is a ridiculous kidney shape and quite small, there's no ice dance scene near me. The people who would like to learn it are hampered with freestyle coaches who haven't the slightest idea how to do it properly (you don't want to see it, it's quite distressing) and I'm not licensed now.  :'(
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

SkateMate

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 07:18:09 pm »
LOLZ... I stuck it on in the rink today via bluetooth whilst hiding round the corner. Was funny watching the skaters, coaches and staff trying to figure out what was going on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy