Author Topic: Edea Profile Blades?  (Read 587 times)

Sarah_AM

Edea Profile Blades?
« on: November 28, 2021, 10:38:40 pm »
Hi everyone!

Im taking up ice skating again after i did it as a kid (23 now!), im wanting to buy a pair of Edea overtures but was ideally looking for them with the coronation ace blade, however I've just seen a lady selling a pair of overtures for £40 but with an Edea profile blade, now looking online no specs have come up! Ive aksed her what the rocker measurement is but she isnt sure! I'm just wanting to make sure this blade would allow me for decent jumps/spins, so if anyone knows anything about the blade please help me out!

Thankyou!!

black

• Skate free
Re: Edea Profile Blades?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 07:49:47 am »
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 11:35:28 am »
Gosh I didn't know Edea made blades.  I've skated on both 7 and 8 rocker and while they feel slightly different I couldn't honestly say one was better.  You just get used to it.  The 7s are a bit more manouvreable, the 8s maybe a bit more stable and give you more speed.  The main thing is how much sharpen they have left in them I would say.  Maybe not much, but for £40 assuming the boots are in reasonable condition even if they last just 6 months or a year you can always get new blades at that point.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 02:46:10 pm »
Buy your boots and blades separately. You will NOT like the Edea blades that come as a set with the Overtures as they are sluggish and, frankly, nasty. Make sure Overtures are the right boots for you and buy a set of Coronation Ace blades to go with them - or whatever boots you settle on. Coronation Ace is a fabulous intermediate blade and will help you with jumping and spinning. Edea Charme/Rotation/Balance will not. (Honestly, I was horrified when I tried a friend's Overtures with Rotation blades! Could barely move. Ghastly!)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy