Author Topic: Dancing on Ice 2022  (Read 894 times)

black

• Skate free
Dancing on Ice 2022
« on: November 08, 2021, 05:31:52 pm »
Most of the scheduled participants have recently been announced;

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/dancing-on-ice-2022-line-up/
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Dancing on Ice 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 07:01:42 pm »
I always thought the Canadian version was better - they use Ice Hockey players as celebs.  The men are a bit stiff but this one with a lady hockey player looks pretty smooth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tkvsiThj0&ab_channel=CBC  I've always liked Andrew Poje.  I guess Ice Hockey players are celebs in Canada.  They might not be able to dance all that well but at least they skate fast and do decent crossovers.

Fluffelina

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 07:59:26 am »
Rachel Stevens was training at Hemel last Friday. (she was in sclub 7).we were excited until they coned off part of the rink for her

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 02:57:52 pm »
That used to annoy me - you'd think they could afford to hire the whole rink outside of normal hours - better for them and less disruption for the regulars.  Either that or just train alongside everyone else.  Most of the rinks I've skated at, training ice and public ice is shared by people of widely varying abilities, having lessons, and in general they cope with it.

On the other hand I guess DOI does make a contribution to keeping ice skating as a going concern by bringing new skaters in.

Fluffelina

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 03:08:19 pm »
And, i got to see Rachel from S Club 7. I am of an age where S Club were kinda a big thing. I remember dancing in the disco to them, trying to look cute and get picked up

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 03:47:04 pm »
Sadly I'm so old all my childhood idols are dead or too frail to skate.

I did share the ice with Jacqueline Harbord, Sally-Anne Stapleford and Diana Clifton-Peach once.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 07:06:22 pm »
Sadly I'm so old all my childhood idols are dead or too frail to skate.

I did share the ice with Jacqueline Harbord, Sally-Anne Stapleford and Diana Clifton-Peach once.

All at the same time?!

Jacqui Harbord starred in the first ice show I ever saw. She was wonderful. I shared the ice with Diana Clifton-Peach on many occasions as she coached at the rink where I first learned to skate. Lovely lady.

We don't have any DOI celebrities currently training in Plymouth, at least I don't think so. Bonnie Langford did, though, apparently.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 11:28:27 pm »
Yes, all at the same time.  They were all still skating beautifully.  Jacquie was teaching at Broadgate and had an annual reunion on ice with the people she grew up training with.

black

• Skate free
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 02:03:58 pm »
Professionals (some changes), & partnerships confirmed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_on_Ice_(series_14)#Professional_skaters
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 02:12:52 pm »
I've not heard of any of the celebs but I expect I am not in their target market.

I was at AP rink early one morning, getting my skates on in the stands, and heard the fearsome sound of Mark Hanretty warming up doing powerpulls.  The crunching noise, at some distance, was mighty impressive.  I'd happily watch him just do crossovers.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 02:20:17 pm »
I've not heard of any of the celebs but I expect I am not in their target market.

I was at AP rink early one morning, getting my skates on in the stands, and heard the fearsome sound of Mark Hanretty warming up doing powerpulls.  The crunching noise, at some distance, was mighty impressive.  I'd happily watch him just do crossovers.

That's the thing with really good skaters; even the "simplest" things are mesmerising to watch. And Mark's celebrity partners always have beautiful pushes and crossovers. Even if he has to carry them for everything else...  ;)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy