Author Topic: Skate Buddy Needed - Weston Super Mare  (Read 1355 times)

Skye

Skate Buddy Needed - Weston Super Mare
« on: February 26, 2021, 11:45:46 pm »
Recently my fed here, desperately want to start skating (I have everything ready) and want to make friends... Anyone nearby up for it?

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Skate Buddy Needed - Weston Super Mare
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 08:13:27 am »
Recently my fed here, desperately want to start skating (I have everything ready) and want to make friends... Anyone nearby up for it?

Sorry am miles away from there so can't help; hope you find someone.  If it's ice you're after obviously rinks are closed right now with no opening date set as yet.  Looking at the map your nearest would be Swindon or Cardiff if there's a ferry across the water.  Once they are open it will be easy to make friends.  If you're skating on wheels I would suggest scouting out smooth areas like parks, car parks, the seafront, squares, any pedestrianised area and see if there is a "scene" - generally people are pretty good at homing in on decent outdoor places to skate so if you pick a dry day especially on a weekend you should see a few.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 10:19:54 am »

Hopefully the new rink at Bristol Cribb's Causeway will be up and running soon.  Planet Ice have already been recruiting, so with a bit of luck it should open for children's lessons on 12th April and just over a month later for other groups.  Skating is very social and you'll soon make plenty of friends, especially if you join a group lesson.  8)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Belles

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 02:13:49 am »
Unfortunately, I am London based and need a buddy. Beginning to go on my own. Hard work, but try it. Once you get past the "hello" it's 👌.

SparkleonIce

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 07:11:58 pm »
I'm near weston!
Do you currently skate? if so what rink?  :)

Belles

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 08:42:21 pm »
Hi ya, currently skate at planet ice - Gillingham, Streatham, in London. Saving up to go to Sweden for ice skating on frozen lakes. :) :)

LaraSkates

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 01:54:43 pm »
I live in Clevedon!!! If you need a skating buddy I'm here!

Belles

Re: Skate Buddy Needed
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 03:02:54 pm »
Unfortunately I am London base. If you get the chance and in London give me a shout.⛸👍⛸👍

SparkleonIce

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 05:24:35 pm »
Ah! I'm in Nailsea!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy