Author Topic: The return - Recommended skates.  (Read 1511 times)

AlexD

The return - Recommended skates.
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:46:25 pm »
Hi there,

I used to skate alot when I was a kid but not for some time now.

A few years back i got myself some new hockey boots but couldn't get on with the 'tuc' chassis at all .. to me it feels like trying to skate on a pair of frozen bannanas  :( ;D

Someone suggested that I should get some boots with the 'Pro lite 3' chassis as they have a much flatter profile and give more stability, but ive been having difficulty finding out what type of chassis each boot has.
Which boots have a pro lite 3 chassis or something with a similar profile?

Then theres the boot itself.

My first pair of boots were bauers and im pretty sure i loved those because they moulded to my feet and were snug/
but then i had some ccms which wernt a great fit and difficult to do up.
 I remember having problems with getting them done up tight enough that they didnt wobble around, but when i did they cut off the circulation to my feet and got very painful before i was forced to take them off and have a break.
I have a pretty high instep so i dont think that helps much with the tightness across the front of the foot versus getting them tight around the ankle.

Leif

Re: The return - Recommended skates.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:27:31 pm »
Is there a question?

Incidentally, what you refer to as the chassis is the holder and blades are often called runners.

Oh and welcome to the world of skating and hockey.  :)

AlexD

Re: The return - Recommended skates.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 06:41:55 pm »
Yes indeed there is.

Which skates have the pro lite 3 chassis, or have a runner with a flat profile?
 rather than a curved profile like you would often find attached to the tuck chassis.

I know there is the ccm 1092 but I want more options.

Also I would like to know which boots come recommended for comfort, but also have a fairly flat runner?

My feet are chunky across the front ( think this is called instep) and as such I struggle with boots being too tight there and not tight enough around the ankle.

Thanks for the welcome and the info :-)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy