Author Topic: Does Different Boots Make A Difference?  (Read 2356 times)

JohnBoy

Does Different Boots Make A Difference?
« on: March 13, 2016, 03:40:41 pm »
Hi all, only on this forum so apologies if this has been asked before. I have been using SBK DK5 skates for a while now but I'm wanting a lighter boot as such, or failing that a thinner profile of boot if that makes sense, but anyway what I wanna know is can the boots affect your skating if I get a  good pair boots can it help me perform better?. I should mention I am only rec skating for moment then maybe hockey, I'm looking Bauer supreme range at the moment but any advise would help.

Steve+Kayleigh

Re: Does Different Boots Make A Difference?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 12:29:59 am »
To have proper control the boot needs to fit snugly. Imaging trying to steer a car with slop/play in the steering wheel...?

Go along to a skate shop and have the boots fitted properly... there is no best boot, just the ones that suit you! Although Bauer Supreme's are a good range of boot.

When I was in hockey boots I quite fancied Bauer's but ended up in Graf F10's because of the slightly wider fitting.

Good luck,
Steve

JohnBoy

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 12:55:06 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I Got to the shop and yeah it turns out the bauer supremes where a good fit with  good support tried few others aswell. Still i'm happy :).

Leif

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:34:34 pm »
To have proper control the boot needs to fit snugly. Imaging trying to steer a car with slop/play in the steering wheel...?

Go along to a good skate shop and have the boots fitted properly... there is no best boot, just the ones that suit you! Although Bauer Supreme's are a good range of boot.

Excellent advice, but I have added a word to your post. Some shops are not good.  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy