Author Topic: A new figure skater from Indonesia needs HELP :(  (Read 2055 times)

skater2468

A new figure skater from Indonesia needs HELP :(
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:40:53 pm »
Hi sorry to bother you. I am new here! I'm a figure skater from Indonesia and I've been staying in London for about 2 weeks now and I am in the junior level. I really want to practice in lee valley ice rink but I don't know which coach is best for me because I don't know any coaches there. I was trained by coach Heather 2 years ago and she was at ally pally but I decided not to take lessons with her anymore because Ally pally is so far from where I am staying. So, any recommendations?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:44:59 pm by skater2468 »

Steve+Kayleigh

Re: A new figure skater from Indonesia needs HELP :(
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:46:51 pm »
I don't skate there that often, but do know of one coach...

http://www.ice-burg.co.uk/

His credentials seem good but I personally don't know of anyone who has trained with him.

I've skated at Ally Pally and Lee Valley on the same day (and had time to get lunch between the two) - they're not so far from each other. Where are you staying?

skater2468

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:20:53 am »
I've skated at Ally Pally but I've never been to Lee Valley. I am currently staying in a hotel near the river thames, Rafayel Hotel. I think it's in South London. I think it would be really far for me to go to Ally Pally because it's in North London.

And I already went to that website and he seems pretty good.

What should I do?

Steve+Kayleigh

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 10:15:52 am »

What should I do?

That is really something only you can decide.

Have you considered Streatham rink as well?

I believe I would go to each in a public session and make enquiries in person.

Good luck.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy