Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 630217 times)

the stethoscope

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 07:00:18 pm »
excited for tomorro but legs are killing esp left knee.
if i ever do another test gonna split them up as the tension and effort  got to me today, sad old sleep deprived mummy!
however watching level 3  made me realise will be a long time - those spirals look knacky esp on the other leg!!! hmmmmm oh and lets not forget the lovely camel thats in level 3 hmmmmm

just hope i can hold it together for the british as my nerves did get the better of me today for some reason.......
suspect when i see u icequeen i will be asleep as driving at 0530 tomorro-yummy! X
level 3 field moves and elements passed 3/10
north eastern geriatric skater gangmember

the stethoscope

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »
and also thanku for yor congrats ladies !
well done to all achievers out there and if not feeling like an achiever still well done for getting out there in your booties!X
level 3 field moves and elements passed 3/10
north eastern geriatric skater gangmember

Christine

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 08:36:20 pm »
Christine
Defo feet if you can open your hips please explain ??
Andi

I think it just means opening your feet out and turning your body more so that you can go from the back x over into the open mohawk on your right foot.  I've been doing more exercises with weights standing on the Bosu ball and twisting right round to try and improve my flexibility and it did feel quite good  ;)

Well done Stethoscope and good luck for next week to you and everyone taking part  :)
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

zara

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 08:27:13 am »
BAC next week - aarrrghh :D
Half term this week, so little quiet skating time and STILL yet to run through program from beginning to end.
Really difficult on small rink :(

morganstarr200

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 03:40:33 pm »

Today I improved my forward spiral on left foot, although leg still isn't high enough I don't think but it's hard when I can't see my reflection...
Also I improved my two-foot spin - going from skating forwards to turning backwards from right to left (clockwise).
I am horribly one sided though, and I have a major block with stopping! I just can't get the t-stop or snowplough, my skates just wobble and slide and I don't actually stop.
Beginner skater, not taking lessons due to not living near enough to a rink, but trying to improve any way I can!
Skating in Risport Etoiles with "New English" blades.
I skate at; Plymouth, Amiens (France), Telford and Cannock

eunicexie

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 12:59:05 am »
Hi

My latest achievement to date:

I was able to do my cross foot spin with 4 or 5 revolutions.

First time ever that I can do my sit spin with the full 6 revolutions, though it is not consistent yet (the number of revolutions).

Also managed to do teapots without sitting on the ice.  ;D

Eunicexie

eunicexie

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 01:03:30 am »
Hi

Found that if I am not too consciously mind thinking doing the spins, I can do them pretty well; whereas if I am too conscious about them, I cannot do them properly.

Suppose that it is something to do with the mind.

Eunicexie

Paul 2

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 09:18:13 am »

Not a lot unfortunately! No SkateUk this week cos of half term, the outdoor rink in Leeds is packed, and I've missed a private lesson and SkateUk cos of the recent snow. I'm getting withdrawal symptons, just as I was nicely building up my ice time too!  :-[

Paul
Skating at Sheffield and Hull. Started Skate UK April 2007
L 6 March 2012. Still working on L 7! The harder the struggle, the more frustrating it is

sezzlestar

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2009, 11:46:17 am »
I did my first jump yesteday!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
It was a 3 Jump so only a baby jump, but I'm so thrilled I even managed to get airbourne!

Woo!

Sezzlestar
Working on Passport and Level 1

GiddyKipper

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 10:02:32 pm »
Not achieved much though maybe not getting mowed down by some kamikazi sprog at Ice Cube last night is an achievement in itself :)
Started Skate UK   05/06/08
Passed Level 1      12/06/08
Passed Level 2       31/07/08
Passed Level 3       28/08/08
Passed Level 4       22/01/09
Pased Level   5       26/02/09
Passed Level 6        25/06/09
Passed Level 7        07/07/10
Passed Level 8        23/09/10

Christine

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 10:11:42 pm »
I did my first jump yesteday!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
It was a 3 Jump so only a baby jump, but I'm so thrilled I even managed to get airbourne!

Woo!

Sezzlestar

Well done - what a thrill and don't diss yourself about it being a 'baby jump' - tis still a leap of faith, into the air, with no feet on the ground  :)
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy