Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 630197 times)

FootsieDAX

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #5643 on: March 14, 2020, 09:38:20 pm »
@WednesdayMarch I hope it doesn't hurt too bad and you get well soon!

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5644 on: March 15, 2020, 10:06:46 am »
Thank you!  I'm still very stiff and sore and skating on Friday wasn't exactly a good session but I'll be absolutely fine.  Just need to recalibrate my brain to remember the extra space needed for that swing through...  ::)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Carrie

« Reply #5645 on: March 15, 2020, 01:21:30 pm »
Get well quickly WednesdayMarch! 

The account of your fall brought back memories of this happening when doing swing rolls down the rink some time ago.  Always the top pick and I have Mark IV blades.   Closed classes are another danger area for me.  I had small toe rakes on my Wilson Excel then every blade had this bigger pick whether you wanted it or not!.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5646 on: March 15, 2020, 01:32:46 pm »
Get well quickly WednesdayMarch! 

The account of your fall brought back memories of this happening when doing swing rolls down the rink some time ago.  Always the top pick and I have Mark IV blades.   Closed classes are another danger area for me.  I had small toe rakes on my Wilson Excel then every blade had this bigger pick whether you wanted it or not!.

Never thought I'd miss those dance blades but...  Nope. Still don't!
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

skatingoutdoorsports

« Reply #5647 on: April 17, 2020, 02:27:23 am »
I hope I can come back. The war of return will continue. We will win This world has to win.

Skatingoutdoorsports

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #5648 on: February 04, 2021, 05:23:47 pm »
Right, I'm reviving this thread because I'm feeling positive and have achieved some stuff even if it is off the ice.

- 2 off ice sessions done.
- Back to proper daily stretching
- Had my first off ice lesson with my dance coach. She and my main coach had coach-y conversations and officially turned all my dance related skating over to her.

She's talking about testing in the future. What have I gotten myself into??
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5649 on: February 04, 2021, 05:35:06 pm »
Right, I'm reviving this thread because I'm feeling positive and have achieved some stuff even if it is off the ice.

- 2 off ice sessions done.
- Back to proper daily stretching
- Had my first off ice lesson with my dance coach. She and my main coach had coach-y conversations and officially turned all my dance related skating over to her.

She's talking about testing in the future. What have I gotten myself into??

Good for you and glad to hear some of us are managing to skate and that some coaches at least are able to work.  While schools were still open I hired a hall to skate in, and whenever the weather has been dry enough I've been out on wheels.  Where I usually skate there are a LOT more people skating than ever did before March last year - mainly quads or inlines rather than figure boots though.

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #5650 on: February 04, 2021, 06:17:08 pm »
Oh this is all on the floor - I need to swap my online frames to some Jackson boots as the ones they came with are agony and I can't do more than 15 minutes. So lots of flexibility, theory, and learning to read dance patterns. I'm glad I can support my coaches - but can't wait to be back in my natural habitat :)
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5651 on: February 05, 2021, 09:31:14 am »
Oh this is all on the floor - I need to swap my online frames to some Jackson boots as the ones they came with are agony and I can't do more than 15 minutes. So lots of flexibility, theory, and learning to read dance patterns. I'm glad I can support my coaches - but can't wait to be back in my natural habitat :)

Understood.  This channel has some good off-ice exercises and things to practice, especially useful if you have a smooth floor: https://www.youtube.com/c/IceCoachOnline/videos

Fluffelina

« Reply #5652 on: February 14, 2021, 08:11:32 pm »
I skated on a frozen pond. Never been so scared, but the ice held longer than my nerves.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5653 on: February 14, 2021, 08:55:07 pm »
I skated on a frozen pond. Never been so scared, but the ice held longer than my nerves.

Ah that's fantastic.  There were a few well-frozen bits in the marshes where I live but when I tested them they creaked alarmingly so I didn't chance it.  How did you find the skates bit into ice - did you manage to get on an edge?  Where I was the ice seemed like it would be a bit too soft for a sharp, thin blade.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy