Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 630251 times)

Andy

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 04:54:34 pm »
Congrats thats great news!!!!!
I have finally got all the bits in my two programmes now, so just gotta work on making them look semi decent now! So not so much achievement... unless you count the my achievement of making myslef look like a constipated sheep on ice! haha!
Rach
We are neck and neck are you living in a parallel universe ? We even got stuck on the Barrel roll the one way ::)
We have sheep just up the road the colour at one end!!! they are certainly not constipated   oohhh....
Syrup of figs should sort that out :2funny:
I like posting to you as you don't care about the spelling or the right there or their not like some  :-X

Andy

Yvonne

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21:41 pm »
I have achieved a badly sprained ankle boo hoo lol  :(

Wouldn't mind if i'd caused it . A girl fell behind me last night and caught my skate, i went down like a sack of spuds lol.

Still managed the class this morning ( possibly a daft thing to do but foot felt fine in my boot )but  after hobbling around this afternoon, got it checked out and luckily no fracture. :).

It has knocked my confidence a bit but hopefully it will come back.

Olivia on the other hand is doing really well.  :)

Yvonne x
Passed silver

rach

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 05:55:40 pm »
Aw no! thats awful news (the ankle .... olivias news is not awful that part is very good!) hope it gets better soon!
I am quite worried about the number of people I know or know of who have skating related injuries now...... maybe I ought to go take out some sort of health insurance or summit! haha!
Was it busy last night? I was gonna go as fri before last was quite quiet and thurs night was lovely and quiet... when i got there at about 5 there were only 16 on the ice! now anyone who knows what its usually like will know that was lovely! but i got caught up at work so didn't bother.

Blossom

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 06:33:24 pm »
I have finally got all the bits in my two programmes now,
2 programs? one must be for gold passport free - whats the other for? ???
By the way, are backwards chassés on circle done on inside edge as forwards ones are?  Just thought I'd ask :)
Yes. :) (sorry short reply as feeling wiped from driving to Sheffield and back) :D
Syncro, Free and Dance :)

Yvonne

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2009, 07:12:15 pm »
HI Rach

Yes it was quite busy last night ( family night ) but still lots of kids going at crazy speeds. >:(

We're also trying to suss out when is the quieter time to go.

I work until 5 on a Thursday so wouldn't get there until about 5:45 by the time i pick Olivia up on the way. When is it quiet to on a Thursday ?.

Would be nice to bump in to you for a chat. x
Passed silver

rach

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 08:26:34 pm »
Well during the non - dancing on ice times its generally quite a quiet session as the kids all arrive about 6.30 for quick warm up before their class at 6.45. At the moment it can get quite busy (although probably not any more so than the friday one) by about half five but this week it was sooo quiet all the way through.. it was nice! Thinkit changes week to week... but I do quite like the 4.15 to 6.45 slot as i feel its a bit quieter generally apart from 2 really annoying kids who there everyweek but you can kinda avoid them most of the time!

Blossom... its just cos am having lessons with another coach and she asked me to find some music.... she did once use the C word in reference to it.. but don't think so for many months/ years yet, despite stethoscopes best efforts to try and rope me in!

Andy

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009, 09:47:35 pm »
I have achieved a badly sprained ankle boo hoo lol  :(

Wouldn't mind if i'd caused it . A girl fell behind me last night and caught my skate, i went down like a sack of spuds lol.

Still managed the class this morning ( possibly a daft thing to do but foot felt fine in my boot )but  after hobbling around this afternoon, got it checked out and luckily no fracture. :).

It has knocked my confidence a bit but hopefully it will come back.

Well done you for getting back on the ice ankles can take a while makes sure you put your feet up when you get in the boot does support but I know what you mean when you get home ooohhh the pain we have all fallen but like you said it was somebody else's fault I am scared for the kids as I am 12 1/2 stone and I do go at speed and most of the kids don't look when they are coming on to the ice I have picked one up once and carried them 6 ft otherwise I would of crushed her !!!
the parent watching was terrified but she did apologise on behalf of her child
Andy

Olivia on the other hand is doing really well.  :)

Yvonne x

GiddyKipper

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »
Ooh poor you! I've been scythed down from behind before now and it's not very nice.  The two teenage girls who did it to me didn't even say sorry or look to see if I was ok so I wonder if it was a deliberate 'accident'.  Fortunately I got out of it unscathed, think I've got a very bouncy behind :)  Hope your ankle is better soon.
Started Skate UK   05/06/08
Passed Level 1      12/06/08
Passed Level 2       31/07/08
Passed Level 3       28/08/08
Passed Level 4       22/01/09
Pased Level   5       26/02/09
Passed Level 6        25/06/09
Passed Level 7        07/07/10
Passed Level 8        23/09/10

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2009, 08:21:48 pm »
Rach

Are you trying to say that skating is a dangerous sport !! ( I better not tell my life insurance company then) lol - mind you I didn't tell them about the safe activities I have tried e.g.

Bungee Jumping (only a few hundred) - given up know, can't find enough bugies lol
Parachute jumps - given up - decided to stay in the plane - the other passengers may complain, but it saved time at the baggae belt and passport control lol
White water rafting in Scotland
Horse riding - falls are a bit higher, but I bounce well
Archery

Now when do you think I will be good enough to try archery on ice while riding the horse? - Which Skate Uk level is that cover on??????????

- anyone  kow where to get skates for a horse - size approx 19.1

And this week I achieved more confidence on the ice - even with those nice people in hockeys keeping me cool with a brisk breeze as they passed.

Archery is still on target

The Ice Mouse

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

rach

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2009, 08:41:15 pm »
ice mouse...... sounds like you just as crazy as the rest of us.... you'll fit right in! haha! :D

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2009, 08:46:05 pm »
I forgot to mention the indoor skydiving at Airkix - boy is it windy and you don't get a parachute

But yes Rach I am known for it - I will try anything once - well almost anything

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy