Author Topic: Difference between Jackson Apex Dance and MK Dance?  (Read 1069 times)

LaraSkates

Difference between Jackson Apex Dance and MK Dance?
« on: December 04, 2021, 01:59:24 pm »
On the hunt for some new dance blades, currently in coronation dance and really dislike them, I moved from skating in gold seals (which I loved) on my ice flys, to coronation dance on my flamenco's and they're so sluggish in comparison. I don't know what Apex dance are like, and can't find any comparisons online before I choose which to order! Help!!!

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: Difference between Jackson Apex Dance and MK Dance?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 02:41:02 pm »
Oh, I would LOVE to have the definitive answer to this question!  I haven't tried Apex Dance but I would like to as I suspect they may be better for spinning than MK Dance and they can't be all bad if Guillaume Cizeron skates on them. What I can tell you, however, is that MK Dance are a totally different ballgame from Coronation Dance. They are slick and smooth and just the fastest blades out there. I think there is a big difference in the quality of the steel used for the different level blades. Whilst Coronation Ace are great intermediate blades and I think that the Dance version are a good step to get beginner dancers adjusted to the shortened heel, anybody who has skated on high level blades is going to find them sluggish, like going from a sports car to an old, underpowered jalopy. If you can't afford to try both, pick MK Dance because they will NOT disappoint.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

LaraSkates

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 02:44:41 pm »
Oh, I would LOVE to have the definitive answer to this question!  I haven't tried Apex Dance but I would like to as I suspect they may be better for spinning than MK Dance and they can't be all bad if Guillaume Cizeron skates on them. What I can tell you, however, is that MK Dance are a totally different ballgame from Coronation Dance. They are slick and smooth and just the fastest blades out there. I think there is a big difference in the quality of the steel used for the different level blades. Whilst Coronation Ace are great intermediate blades and I think that the Dance version are a good step to get beginner dancers adjusted to the shortened heel, anybody who has skated on high level blades is going to find them sluggish, like going from a sports car to an old, underpowered jalopy. If you can't afford to try both, pick MK Dance because they will NOT disappoint.

I can't try both unfortunately! I would like to be able to spin so maybe MK Dance are worse for that, but then again every elite dancer seems to skate in them so can't be awful haha! It's a tricky decision!

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 02:51:38 pm »
I can't try both unfortunately! I would like to be able to spin so maybe MK Dance are worse for that, but then again every elite dancer seems to skate in them so can't be awful haha! It's a tricky decision!

I feel the pain! I switched to Gold Stars as I was struggling with backward three turns in Graf Dance and MK Dance. I'm now suspecting it might have been more the dance boots that were terrifying me than the shortened heel. I would really, really like to try the Apex Dance as I am eternally curious, but suspect that I'd probably pick MK Dance over them in the end. I could definitely spin in my MK Dance but it takes a bit more practice than in a freestyle blade. Definitely possible, though. I was often complimented on my fast spins so you'll still be able to do it.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

LaraSkates

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 10:21:17 am »
In case anyone wanted to know, the apex dance are super!!! A huge step up from the awful coronation dance, they’re fast and great for turns!!! Like the gold seal of the dance world! It’s made switching back and forth between my free and dance skates so much easier!! Although I must admit I prefer my gold seals, dance blades are so much more unstable but with practice I’ve adjusted!

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 05:46:48 pm »
In case anyone wanted to know, the apex dance are super!!! A huge step up from the awful coronation dance, they’re fast and great for turns!!! Like the gold seal of the dance world! It’s made switching back and forth between my free and dance skates so much easier!! Although I must admit I prefer my gold seals, dance blades are so much more unstable but with practice I’ve adjusted!

Oooh, excellent news!

Have you tried spinning in them?

LaraSkates

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 05:50:51 pm »
I have briefly! Harder than in gold seals, but faster than CA! I really like them and don’t think I’d bother going for mk dance next time but potentially would only out of curiosity!

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 05:53:07 pm »
I have briefly! Harder than in gold seals, but faster than CA! I really like them and don’t think I’d bother going for mk dance next time but potentially would only out of curiosity!

Ah, yes. Curiosity... I'm amassing quite a collection of blades here... ;D

LaraSkates

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 05:55:49 pm »
Haha! I just bought a pair of perfect condition gold seals, thinking I’d fit them to my ice flys as my current blades are 1/4 too short and hence my rocker is a bit off. But now im off to Everglides on the 3rd and if I end up going down a half size in skates, I’ll have a spare pair of blades again 😂 it’s a vicious cycle

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 06:04:32 pm »
Yes, I'm off to Everglides on Saturday as my current boots are giving me pain (unhappy arthritic feet, swollen from medication) so if I end up with different boots (do NOT ask me how many pairs of boots I have here at the moment!) then I'll almost certainly end up with new blades as well, despite the 3 pairs I have here (MK Dance 9.5, MK Phantoms 9.25 and MK Gold Star 9")!

LaraSkates

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 06:16:24 pm »
It’s an awful habit isn’t it 🥲 My Ice Fly have gone too soft in the tongue for me so I think I’m after another pair of those! Goodbye £400 😭 and then some custom insoles! Skating is an expensive hobby

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy