Author Topic: Need help choosing the size of jacksons debut fusion skates  (Read 831 times)

Lara

Need help choosing the size of jacksons debut fusion skates
« on: August 27, 2021, 09:54:48 am »
Hello everyone, so I'm ordering jacksons debut fusions online because none of the skate shops I called had them in stock so I cant try them on. I'm normally a eu 39 which is a UK 6.5 and I looked at jacksons size chart so it does also confirm that the skates I need are 6.5. However I heard that that size chart is for more of a snug fit so I'm kinda scared that they'll be too small in case I measured my feet wrong and am planning to go half a size up to a UK 7. I was wondering if any of you have those skates or know if they run small or are true to size.

spinZZ

Re: Need help choosing the size of jacksons debut fusion skates
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 12:52:09 pm »
Hello everyone, so I'm ordering jacksons debut fusions online because none of the skate shops I called had them in stock so I cant try them on. I'm normally a eu 39 which is a UK 6.5 and I looked at jacksons size chart so it does also confirm that the skates I need are 6.5. However I heard that that size chart is for more of a snug fit so I'm kinda scared that they'll be too small in case I measured my feet wrong and am planning to go half a size up to a UK 7. I was wondering if any of you have those skates or know if they run small or are true to size.
I'm a male figure skater in the US.  Even specialty shops here don't carry much stock for advanced boots (especially for men!):  too many brands, too many models, too many sizes.  I have Jacksons.  My recommendation is to go to a skate shop in the UK that is an authorized Jackson retailer.  A tech should take measurements (multiple measurements, not just length) and tracings of your feet and send them to Jackson. A Jackson tech will then decide what the appropriate size and width for you is.  Ask the store what their policy is should the fit be incorrect when they arrive at the shop, and you try them on.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 05:29:46 pm »
Someone posted on another thread that Al's in Blackpool was a good shop and they say they are a Jackson authorised dealer so might be worth a try.  In my experience I have found advice and technical input from people in skate shops very variable, and I could not accuse many of them of being worth of the title "skate tech", nor have they been willing in my experience to take responsibility for a bad fit.  To be fair, I think they are pushed into a corner by manufacturers and wholesalers/importers who don't want stock lying around they may not be able to sell.

I think the distance selling law is that you can send stuff back that is bought online unless it's a bespoke/custom/special order item.  I would avoid buying online if at all possible, and try on first, even if it means you have to travel, but if you do buy online it may be worth establishing upfront whether the shop would regard it as a special order and what restocking fee they might charge in the event of a return.

Is there a special reason you want that make/model?  Skates vary quite a lot in shape, as do feet.  Until you've tried them on, it's hard to tell what's going to work for you and any advice about size you get from strangers on the internet who don't know your feet is going to be of limited value.

black

• Skate free
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:10:42 pm »
Just an idea;

Jackson have a foot scanner (Canada & USA only though) https://jacksonultima.com/pages/scanner

In the UK some shops use the Bauer 3D Skate Lab for hockey boots; example: https://puckstop.com/blog/bauer-3d-skate-lab

It *might* possible to export the data from the Bauer system, and send it to Jackson to get their recommendation?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:12:36 pm by black »
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 06:20:33 am »
Just an idea;

Jackson have a foot scanner (Canada & USA only though) https://jacksonultima.com/pages/scanner

In the UK some shops use the Bauer 3D Skate Lab for hockey boots; example: https://puckstop.com/blog/bauer-3d-skate-lab

It *might* possible to export the data from the Bauer system, and send it to Jackson to get their recommendation?

It's got to be the future - the cost of this kind of technology will continue to drop to the point where all skate shops ought to be using it, and the manufacturing process should also be modified to enable more specific fits to be produced in a normal production run using more modern materials.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 07:51:37 pm »

Give Alison Holden at Al's Skate Shop in Blackpool a call. She's lovely, helpful and very knowledgeable and will ensure you get the correct size, even if you can't visit in person for a fitting. Don't just guess with the "help" of random internet strangers. Please.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy