Author Topic: Manchester Sharpening  (Read 1283 times)

userscott

Manchester Sharpening
« on: August 11, 2021, 08:41:41 pm »
Hi all,

Last time I needed sharpening I had to drive to Birmingham to visit the great Rod Turner, but surely there is somebody in Manchester? I've tried to contact Sk8Mum on here whom people seemed to recommend but no joy as she's not been online in a few years now. Rod has confirmed he no longer visits Altrincham, and the Storm shop with sharpening facilities is no longer on site at Altrincham either.

Any ideas? :)

Cheers

Scott

lms_1990

Re: Manchester Sharpening
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 08:50:26 am »
Hi mate did you have any luck? I’m currently in the same situation and need 2 pairs sharpening.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 10:51:08 am »
I'm in the extreme south west, but Al's Skate Shop in Blackpool could probably help. (I currently have to drive 4 hours to get my blades sharpened!)

Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

userscott

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 03:46:34 pm »
Best solution I found in the end was Derek Watson in Accrington (07855 509324 evenings and weekends) though I understand he plans to retire soon! Another option I found in the NW was Kip (facebook.com/33kip/).

I believe Decathlon in Stockport are about to start offering a sharpening service in 2022 - exact dates TBC.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy