Author Topic: risport electra vs edea overture  (Read 1640 times)

szumielewicz

risport electra vs edea overture
« on: January 27, 2021, 10:31:21 am »
Hey my fellow ice skating friends :)
Help me choose my new ice skates:)

I have recently started going to figure skating classes - 4 hours a week. I'm not doing anything incredible yet but I'm a fast learner. Simple spins, waltz jumps, crossovers. My current ice skates - let's just not talk about it (I bought them for 35 pounds in a random shop just that I won't need to use rentals but they are a complete disaster). That's the part where I need help. I'm 16, I'm 5'9 and I weight 132 lbs. Shoe size - 7.5 (I think that this info may be helpful?). I've been doing some research about ice skates and those particular ones (Risport electra and edea overture) are the ones that caught my eye nevertheless - which one do you think are better? I read that edeas break easily and that they don't hold the ankle tight enough but on the other hand I read that they are the best free beginners and later intermediates. If someone could give me recommendations about them, a comparison or overall any help - I wouldn't be able to thank you enough!

Thank you for any help and description,
Weronika :D

transmissionoftheflame

Re: risport electra vs edea overture
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 11:18:42 am »
I used Overture and I weigh a fair bit more than you, so I don't think they would break down or anything.  I don't know about Electras, sorry.  My daughters used Risport RF4s which were excellent skates for your level, but I don't know if they make them any more.  They are the model below the the RF3.

My main advice is to try them both on, and any other models in a similar price range - try to find well stocked shops nearish to you.  It's worth investing a bit of time and effort into your next pair of skates as correct size and fit make a massive difference and the skates cost a lot and will be with you for a year or two.

You are lucky to have ice where you are - all rinks in the UK are closed and have been for most of the last year, with no reopening date.  I imagine many will never reopen as they will have gone out of business and if they have to limit numbers then they are not sustainable businesses as ice is so expensive.  We're enjoying a roller skating/roller blading boom right now as it one of the few activities that are not illegal.

Good luck and happy skating

szumielewicz

Re: risport electra vs edea overture
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 11:40:21 am »
Thank you for the response, I'm trying them both soon.

I'm bilingual and I live in Poland, here we can skate with a special "license" from a Polish Union of figure skating and then we can go skating (only with a coach, skating on your own without a coach is prohibited). In the past (about 2 years ago) my school offered PE lessons on ice every two-ish weeks that's when I started loving this sport. Now I don't even attend lessons at school, only A-level students are allowed to enter the building. We need to stay strong and hope that UK will recover from everything that is happening now.

Thank you for your help, I'll definitely give an update on my skates choice.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy