Author Topic: Dancing on Ice 2021  (Read 2547 times)

black

• Skate free
Dancing on Ice 2021
« on: October 02, 2020, 05:35:29 pm »
You know you're a skater when you're more interested in who the professional skaters will be (TBA) rather than the 'celebs'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_on_Ice_(series_13)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:12:10 pm by The ice mouse »
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

Fluffelina

Re: Dancing on Ice 2021
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 03:33:06 pm »
There was practice and filming at hemel the other week, someone was doing a setup skating over a ponytail to chop it off stunt. Not sure the people weee famous enough to be recognised (at least not by us)

black

• Skate free
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 03:41:35 pm »
practice and filming at hemel

Makes sense, since Bovingdon is only a couple of miles away;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Bovingdon#Film_and_television_appearances
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 08:35:50 pm »
Part of me was overjoyed to see Yebin Mok joining as one of the pros.  The other part is horrified.  What if she's injured by whoever she's skating with?!  They can't break Yebin Mok.  They can't.  She's precious! Such a beautiful, beautiful skater.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 03:21:38 pm »
Part of me was overjoyed to see Yebin Mok joining as one of the pros.  The other part is horrified.  What if she's injured by whoever she's skating with?!  They can't break Yebin Mok.  They can't.  She's precious! Such a beautiful, beautiful skater.

She is one of the loveliest and probably wasted on DOI.  This is worth 3 minutes of anyone's time.  I always like to watch clips filmed close up by someone following on the ice rather than from remote cameras.  You get so much more sense of what they are doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJMnYOxbbfg&ab_channel=MauroBruni

In a similar vein, another candidate for lovelist and filmed in a similar way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obCNrNQ7XRE&ab_channel=GANES

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 03:41:07 pm »
I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Yebin's Soliloquy, it's just wonderful.  As is the skating of Mauro Bruni, if you get chance to watch him, too.  Instagram has been very useful for some things!

I'd never seen that video featuring Carolina Kostner, thank you very much for that one.  She's another skater I really like.  Beautiful flow and lines.  None of the horrid, ugly Y-spirals and overly gymnastic feats, etc, in that video, just beautiful skating.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 04:00:49 pm »
I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Yebin's Soliloquy, it's just wonderful.  As is the skating of Mauro Bruni, if you get chance to watch him, too.  Instagram has been very useful for some things!

I'd never seen that video featuring Carolina Kostner, thank you very much for that one.  She's another skater I really like.  Beautiful flow and lines.  None of the horrid, ugly Y-spirals and overly gymnastic feats, etc, in that video, just beautiful skating.

I didn't realise Mauro Bruni was a skater - I assumed he was just a choreographer.

The Caro vid was filmed in Rink 2 in Oberstdorf, Bavaria.  There are no barriers - just a small step down onto the ice - and there's a huge mirror running all the way across one end, and a window running all the way down one side.  Happy memories of many public sessions on that ice, the smoothest, fastest ice I have ever skated on, by a mile.  The band are from her home valley (Val Gardena) in Italy, singing in her home language (Ladin).

Rohene Ward is worth a look too, I think he is now doing choreo.  There are some clips of him jumping both ways.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 06:47:19 pm »
Mauro Bruni is a lot more than just a choreographer.  He really is a beautiful skater. 

The description of the Obersdorf rink fills me with a desperate desire to travel and skate there.  <sigh>

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 07:03:37 pm »
No reason you can't go to Germany, but there are no public sessions at present only patch.  You'd need to arrange with the rink to get booked in - possibly need to book lessons with one of the coaches.  When we've been, my kids had signed up for lessons with the coaches so were allocated patch sessions, some for lessons and some for practice.  I just skated public sessions.  It is worth a visit.  Stunning town, too - scenery, shops, restaurants, swimming pool etc.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 08:43:21 pm »
No reason you can't go to Germany, but there are no public sessions at present only patch.  You'd need to arrange with the rink to get booked in - possibly need to book lessons with one of the coaches.  When we've been, my kids had signed up for lessons with the coaches so were allocated patch sessions, some for lessons and some for practice.  I just skated public sessions.  It is worth a visit.  Stunning town, too - scenery, shops, restaurants, swimming pool etc.

One day, hopefully.  For now, however, I'll be toggling between Cornwall and Hampshire as and when I have to.  Strange times...

black

• Skate free

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy