Author Topic: Widnes or Alchintram?  (Read 1252 times)

Skateordie

Widnes or Alchintram?
« on: April 30, 2020, 08:32:29 pm »
Hi! this is my first post on here so please correct me if I've messed anything up.

I'm an adult beginner, and I was just puttering my way through learn to skate before everything got closed up. I fell in love with the sport and I want to approach it more seriously when everything's open again. I'm based in Liverpool, so I'm pretty far away from everything, and I was learning at Widnes planet ice, but I've heard good things about altrincham and I want to start getting private lessons so I'm thinking of changing.

Has anyone skated/been coached at both?

Greycut

Re: Widnes or Alchintram?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 03:39:10 pm »
I skate at both and also at Deeside, although I've not been to widnes for some time.  Widnes is the smallest rink, Altrincham next and the largest is Deeside. 

I've mentioned Deeside as this is also in your range and runs skate uk whereas widnes and Altrincham run skate excellence. 

Altrincham skate excellence is run by Donna McCarthy.  To be honest all the coaches there are good and friendly. I personally have Alan wild for ice dance.

At Deeside I think the head coach is now Pam Richardson.  I have a group lesson with Ryan Southan on Friday mornings for ice dance and there are also other groups doing beginner basics and skate uk.  This is worth trying as it's very adult friendly and skaters from both Altrincham and widnes do attend.

Obviously all these rinks are currently closed with Deeside being used as temp hospital and  Widnes was going to be used as a temp mortuary, but I'm not sure that will now happen.

Pm me if you want to know more.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy