Author Topic: The Secret Life of Ice 7 pm BBC4 today  (Read 1363 times)

Carrie

The Secret Life of Ice 7 pm BBC4 today
« on: April 05, 2020, 03:39:12 pm »
English Style skating features in this programme.  The BBC came to Guildford to film a session back about eight or more years ago.  I can’t remember how far into the programme we appear but it’s all interesting anyway.  My few seconds of fame!!

Hope everyone is okay and it won’t be too long before we can skate again!

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: The Secret Life of Ice 7 pm BBC4 today
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 02:45:52 pm »
Thank you for this, Carrie!  I've just watched the programme on iPlayer.  It was fascinating and lovely to see the English Style being skated.  I hope it continues when we get our ice back.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

black

• Skate free
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 03:03:17 pm »
Hope everyone is okay and it won’t be too long before we can skate again!

Amen to that; roll on next Monday (13th) when things should be reviewed..
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 06:05:25 pm »
I will be watching for the womble doing the English style

Black

I think it will be another couple of weeks yet

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 06:19:23 pm »

Amen to that; roll on next Monday (13th) when things should be reviewed..

I reckon we're in this for the long haul.  After all, there's no vaccine available yet and testing isn't happening at a great rate.  My thoughts are that we'll be in strict social distancing - and probably "lockdown" - for a couple of months at least.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

black

• Skate free
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 09:19:58 am »
Good to hear that New Zealand's prime minister has deemed the Tooth fairy, and the Easter Bunny as 'essential workers'.

Anybody else notice the change in the details? Originally it was "All indoor leisure and sports facilities, including gyms"
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-further-measures-on-social-distancing
This would of included ice rinks, but note that it specifies 'indoors' (outdoor rinks would of been fine, right?)

One week later;
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
Skating rinks are specifically stated, with no exceptions.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:29:16 am by black »
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

Loops

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 08:22:51 am »
Not available outside the UK.  Bummer.  This happens a lot and I wish there was a way to watch BBC documentaries from France.  We had the same problem with the BBC children's shows when the kids were little. =-(

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy