Author Topic: Is your club still operating  (Read 430 times)

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
Is your club still operating
« on: March 18, 2020, 06:23:12 PM »
With everything going on, is your skating club still operating normally?

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Is your club still operating
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 07:59:13 PM »
I went to mine last Friday - people were asked to stay away if they had any symptoms but it was fairly well attended.  I won't be going again until all this is over, whenever that will be.  Our tennis club is still open, arguably that's a less confined space, especially if you don't use the clubhouse but simply step on court.  I am amazed sports and leisure facilities haven'y been asked to close already.  It can only be a matter of time.

Jo

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:46:34 AM »
I got an email from my local Planet Ice this morning. The contents surprised me as I was expecting the opposite of what they said.

"Planet Ice are currently operating as normal. We seek advice from government and local authorities, along with other experts, who can advise on the appropriate action to take at the right time.

Our next set of lessons for the Skate Excellence, Hockey Excellence, Ice Penguin & Small Group lessons start Saturday 28th March to Friday 15th May. The 3&5-day lessons are running over the Easter Holidays.
"

The email then goes on to detail the adjustments they're making and to remind customers not to come if they're unwell.

Part of me can't believe Planet Ice are still staying open. Part of me wants to go to my skate lessons as normal.  :-\

Edit: It's not just Planet Ice. I just checked Cambridge Ice Rink which is owned by Better and according to their website, they are planning to stay open also.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:50:47 AM by Jo »

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 02:32:48 PM »
Very surprising
I can't see that lasting, sadly