Author Topic: Figure skates for wide feet  (Read 1714 times)

elliefs

Figure skates for wide feet
« on: February 17, 2020, 04:06:50 pm »
Hello!

What skates are best for wide feet? I'm currently in risport venus and they give me an aching pain of the outer sides of my feet (relieved when either stopping for a while or lifting my feet), I had the same pain in rental which is what led us to buying my own pair to try (and fail) to stop the pain. the outer parts of my feet have 'extra tissue' and i have pretty flat feet. The pain only starts after skating so it hard to determine if the skates are fine until after about five minutes! I usually struggle with me feet in various shoes because of width, so its not that much of a surprise.
I'm only just starting back up after years (and even then I never did spins/jumps!) at 16 and finding it frustrating when all I want to do is skate but my feet hurt so much!

Any recommendations welcome!

Thank you

Weeyin

Re: Figure skates for wide feet
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 05:47:34 pm »
After years of terrible pain I now have ice flys width E and I bought stretchers which I put in between skates. Made such a difference.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 08:52:26 pm »
Edeas are not bad for wide feet.  Jacksons apparently have a wider toebox than average and narrower heel.  Always best to try on as many pairs as possible.

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 05:50:41 pm »
I have wide feet and love my Jackson Debuts - they're split width as standard so one size wider at the ball of the foot. I found Edeas pinched my baby toes and had arch pain when I was wearing them.
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy