Author Topic: Show and Skate  (Read 1259 times)

josydavinia

Show and Skate
« on: January 22, 2020, 08:43:32 am »
Has anyone tried Show and Skate at Planet Ice? They say you can join from Level 3 of Skate Excellence... I'm working on my Level 5 Skate UK and just craving some more ice time! But, I know that the group is mainly children and there isn't an adults only session at my rink. Has anyone tried Show and Skate? Is it worth trying if I can get over the embarrassment of being the only person over the age of 14 in the group?

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

Re: Show and Skate
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:12:39 pm »
Ours is great - my coach runs the one I go to and it is all kids and me but it's fun :) We probably don't follow the syllabus though 😂
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

josydavinia

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:29 pm »
Ours is great - my coach runs the one I go to and it is all kids and me but it's fun :) We probably don't follow the syllabus though 😂

Do you mind if I ask what kind of things you do during the lessons? The Planet Ice website is a tad vague when it comes down to it! And do you personally find it awkward being with all the kids? Like is the wording all just kids wording or do they actually speak properly? :)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 04:40:08 pm »
Like is the wording all just kids wording or do they actually speak properly? :)

I'm willing to bet actual money that nobody will bellow, "Teeth and tits!" at you, like they did when I did shows...  ;D ;D ;D
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

vpug

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 05:11:48 pm »
Hi

My better half and myself have done the skating excellence all 8 levels at planet ice
But luckily at our rink they have adult only, kids only Show and skate the same,
we opted for adult and found it very good.

Now on with NISA silver its getting harder now but still loving it. O0

I'm willing to bet actual money that nobody will bellow, "Teeth and tits!" at you, like they did when I did shows...  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:14:35 pm by vpug »

Florence

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 09:02:36 am »
Most of my group lessons I was the only adult with the kids. After a week or two its fine. Give it a try, if you find it too uncomfortable at least you'll know and not be wandering.

FootsieDAX

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 10:06:03 pm »
I was the only adult in a group of kids for a long time, then some of the parents decided to join. I like to think they saw me falling down so many times -- once so badly that a little girl of about 7 came to me and said "it's OK to cry, you know" -- and were inspired. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy