Author Topic: Winter world masters Games  (Read 1111 times)

vpug

Winter world masters Games
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:56:37 pm »
Hi
 Has anyone been watching the Winter world masters games Innsbruck ?
I am loving it ! :D All ages all levels  O0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:09:33 am by vpug »

Florence

Re: Winter world masters Games
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 03:27:42 pm »
Ive not heard of ti but will take a look if I can find it x

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 04:34:54 pm »
I saw a clip of an 82 year old lady performing her programme.  It was lovely.  And such a great atmosphere. 

I skated at Innsbruck as a teenager.  First time I ever saw/skated on an Olympic size rink.  Took my breath away. 
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

vpug

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 04:46:45 pm »
Hi
 Its has been live streaming each day for hours but I cant post a external link
if anyone would like it send me a message and I will message it over to you.

://livestream.com/sportevents/WWMG2020FS/videos/200835210

vpug

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 04:49:36 pm »
Hi

You would need the https up front please feel free to remove if not allow to post
in this way.

Thanks

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:54:03 pm »
vpug

As a newbie, the forum has a restriction on posting links until you have post 25 times. If you want I can post it for you if you send me the link via PM

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

skatebrasil

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 10:05:34 am »
Basically the WWMGames is held every 5 years. In 2020 Games it was the 1st time to incorporate figure skating. It was a massive success with skaters from all around the world participating.I believe approximately almost 700 skaters!!! It is for anybody from ages 28 upwards and you can go in to any catagory that you think is your level. Bronze is the most popular as that is where most adults feel comfortable. Some skate down,some skate in the right catagory,most do not push themselves to be in the other levels and remain in the same for years, so all a bit odd, but it is entertaining, sadly the rinks were pretty empty as it was iivestreamed.The festival of winter sport includes 12 winter sports, was brilliantly organised. Believe it is the 3 Games over 15 years.It was in Innsbruck. 2025 has not been decided yet, but there has been talk of Turin and Beijing.China ( not practical imo). Something to think about for for budding skating enthusiasts.  :D :D

skatebrasil

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 10:09:28 am »
Also, if any of you are on Facebook or Google then just go to Figure Skating Winter World Master Games 2020 or WWMGames2020 etc and just join the group, through there you should be able to see all of the past livestream of events. Hope helps for those that missed it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy