Author Topic: Skate Stretching in the South East?  (Read 1190 times)

josydavinia

Skate Stretching in the South East?
« on: January 07, 2020, 11:27:01 am »
Hi,

I bought a new pair of Riedells about 6 months ago and I'm still having slightly numb feet in the ball area of my foot as I think I just have extremely wide feet. I bought the wide fit Riedell and had them measured etc by a pro shop but my local store doesn't offer stretching. Does anyone know of any shops in the SE, preferably London, Essex, Surrey or Kent that does skate stretching?

Crackers

Re: Skate Stretching in the South East?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 11:05:23 pm »
Hi,

I bought a new pair of Riedells about 6 months ago and I'm still having slightly numb feet in the ball area of my foot as I think I just have extremely wide feet. I bought the wide fit Riedell and had them measured etc by a pro shop but my local store doesn't offer stretching. Does anyone know of any shops in the SE, preferably London, Essex, Surrey or Kent that does skate stretching?
It's a bit of a trek, but All Star Hockey in Swindon do skate stretching.
On the plus side you can visit the Link Centre rink while you are in the area as it is just around the corner :)
All Star are open at some weird times, but on Wednesday evenings there is also a quiet public skate with 2 dance sessions included.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 03:17:00 pm »
I'm in Darkest Cornwall, with nowhere within hundreds of miles that does anything like that, but I have found that shoe stretchers (wooden ones with plastic bobbles to put into any places that need punching out) work quite well.  They're about £9 on Amazon.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

hermitdave

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 03:24:47 pm »
I know its been a while. I can't recommend Streatham Skates enough - located at Streatham Ice Rink. They do excellent measuring, fitting and stretching. We have visited the shop twice so far and they have always ensured that they stretched the existing boots before talking about replacements.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy