Author Topic: First skate lesson  (Read 1956 times)

Skatermartin

First skate lesson
« on: January 06, 2020, 09:27:25 pm »
So tonight was my first lesson it went very well realy enjoyed it can’t wait till next Monday now

FootsieDAX

Re: First skate lesson
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:34:44 pm »
Great stuff! Onwards and upwards! 

Skatermartin

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 10:22:57 pm »
Yep snow ploughs need some work 😂

FootsieDAX

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 10:30:38 pm »
Ah, you'll get there, you'll see. The joy when something you've tried for a long time finally comes together is priceless!

Skatermartin

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 06:52:00 am »
Yes hope so I feel I’m progressing every tine I go which is a good thing I guess

Florence

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 08:28:38 am »
Well done in starting! You should progress quicker with lessons.

Skatermartin

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 08:49:10 am »
Yes I think going a few times before booking my lessons has put me on the first run of the ladder I can move away from the wall 😂 but just can’t stop very well at the moment all will come over time

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 03:12:42 pm »
Stopping is quite tricky.  That icy stuff is slippery...

The way to learn to snowplough stop with the least amount of terror and/or pain is to start off very, very gently, with the least amount of pressure you can use to just move some snow.  Then build up the pressure - and snow - gradually, until you can do it comfortably and confidently.

Enjoy the journey!
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Skatermartin

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 09:46:38 pm »
Well second lesson tonight and getting harder already still haven’t worked out my snow plough stop and to top it off they started teaching us backward skating I do love a challenge

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 09:17:09 am »
Most people find backwards skating easier than stopping, at least to start with.  Keep up the good work!
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Florence

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 10:05:24 am »
I agree with Wednesdaymarch! My lsat lessons were SK8UK level 8 and a lot of the kids in my group could barely stop / snowplough (I use the kids as an example as they generally pick things up faster then adults) I alwas strugled with snowplough even though could do it, I was never good enough to stop within a reasonable distance. I learnt myself TStop and much prefer it.

I may have see you at the rink last nigh Skatemartin (or your legs from the knees down I was drying skates!) Were you wearing orange blade guards? (working on the premise that you said you wore white boots and most other skaters were wearing blue)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy