Author Topic: Graff beloros vs my galaxy skates  (Read 1434 times)

Skatermartin

Graff beloros vs my galaxy skates
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:06:42 pm »
So Thursday I went to the rink and thought I would try my grafs instead of my new galaxy skates with sharper edges well I managed one lap in the boleros then had to take them off could not get on with them now could it be they want resharpening may be

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: Graff beloros vs my galaxy skates
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 07:50:32 pm »
Graf Bolero are a much, much better skate than SFR Galaxy.  They will feel very different.  Get the Grafs sharpened.  SFR Galaxy don't have anywhere near the support you need to learn to skate properly.  (Sorry!)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Skatermartin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 07:54:10 pm »
Thank you I will get them sharpened then and see how I get on with them then where is best to get them done either Telford or Cannock

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 07:56:08 pm »
Thank you I will get them sharpened then and see how I get on with them then where is best to get them done either Telford or Cannock

Can't help you on that as I'm in Cornwall!  But good luck on Monday.  Hope you enjoy your first lesson!
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Skatermartin

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 08:10:00 pm »
Thank you hopefully il enjoy it looking forward to it

Skatermartin

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 08:37:53 am »
What’s people’s opinions on Graf davros skates I thought they were berleros but they are not so are they good for beginners to skate in 

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 01:24:43 pm »
Graf Bolero and Graf 500 are decent beginners' skates.  From the information given on the Graf website, I wouldn't recommend the Davos model for learning to skate.  If you're small and light then maybe it would be fine for what is often termed "recreational" skating, which means skating maybe a couple of times a year in the winter and not wanting to use the hire skates.  They are not up to the job for learning to skate and practising.

Personally, I often recommend the Graf 500s, as they are made from leather rather than a synthetic material.  They are a popular and respected option for learning to skate.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy