Author Topic: A Step Closer To A New Rink For The Isle of Wight!  (Read 642 times)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
A Step Closer To A New Rink For The Isle of Wight!
« on: December 20, 2019, 11:30:22 am »
Sounds like the Isle of Wight Council are being sensible.  Don't know what the problem Sport England have with it but I'm hoping it can be overcome.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-hampshire-50834667

I always intended to move back to "my" island and teach there, but fate overtook me and wrote off my career.  But now I'm skating again... <ponders>
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

black

• Skate free
Re: A Step Closer To A New Rink For The Isle of Wight!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 02:37:45 pm »
It's good to see that they might get their ice back!

It's very sad what happened; https://www.racag.org/ryde-arena-in-the-news

Take note councils, this is what can happen if you let restrictive covenants compelling the presence of an ice rink expire.
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 02:59:00 pm »
Take note councils, this is what can happen if you let restrictive covenants compelling the presence of an ice rink expire.

As far as I'm aware, both Southampton and Richmond had restrictive covenants to that effect.  They closed in 1988 and 1989 respectively and are still bereft of ice.  I don't think those covenants were worth the paper they were written on.  They were just disregarded.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

katepilarr

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 11:59:57 pm »
Oh, I wish everyone who can possibly benefit from the new icerink that they manage to build one!
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy