Author Topic: Stiffness of Graf Boleros  (Read 163 times)

Marcisko

Stiffness of Graf Boleros
« on: November 21, 2019, 12:33:30 AM »
Hey. I am planning to buy Graf Boleros for my sister for birthday. I just can't find anywhere the stiffness of them. I am going to buy them if they are sth around 20, similar stiffness to Jackson Mystique. Could someone please let me know what is the stiffness of those skates or compare the stiffness to another ice skates?

spinZZ

Re: Stiffness of Graf Boleros
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 10:39:20 AM »
There is no industry standard for boot stiffness.  Manufacturers cook up their own ratings.  So a "20" from Company A is not the same as a "20" from Company B.

Regardless of what you buy, check the shop's exchange or return policy, in case the model or fit is not right for your sister.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:50:21 AM by spinZZ »

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: Stiffness of Graf Boleros
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »
As far as I am aware, Jackson Mystique comes in different models and ratings from recreational to a level suitable for learning about up to Skate UK Level 6 and are recommended more for children than adults. 

Graf Bolero are an excellent beginner's boot and blade combination for both children and adults.  They are good for wider feet, too.  I'd recommend them over the Mystique.

But a lot depends on your sister's size and skill level.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Graf Dance boots and MK Dance blades. It's still a bit slippery...