Author Topic: 2019 Senior Grand Prix Competitions  (Read 1980 times)

Carrie

2019 Senior Grand Prix Competitions
« on: October 26, 2019, 01:53:37 pm »
In previous years these have been shown on Eurosport but this year the ISU are doing live stream on YouTube.  It’s Skate Canada this week and I watched the Rythmn Dance live last night.  Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson for GBR came fourth.  The pattern Dance is the Finnstep, a quickstep, and the music is mainly from musicals.  There is no commentary and it would be good if they got Ted Barton, who commentates the Junor Grand Prix, to do it!  Haven’t checked all the comps but did notice our pairs couple are in at least one. Not sure we have any ladies or men, which is a shame.

I have gone through the ISU website to get to the live streaming if anyone is interested in watching the top skaters. 

transmissionoftheflame

Re: 2019 Senior Grand Prix Competitions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 02:49:27 pm »
Thanks for letting us know
I liked the work that Chris Howarth did on Eurosport, and I like Franca Bianconi who commentates for RAI, but on balance I prefer no commentary at all to the average we used to get from Eurosport and the BBC.  I find it odd really.  You wouldn't commentate on ballet.  I know it's nominally a sport and ballet isn't, but in general in spoils it for me
The coverage is not just live stream - the whole broadcast is available too, to watch when you want, plus they seem to create separate clips for the top 3 in each discipline.  I don't know how long they are intending to leave them up, but Skate America is still there from last week.
It's nice to see Lilah and Lewis doing well.  Years ago we did a fitness class with them every week, pretty brutal.  Probably a lot of people watching on TV don't appreciate the hard work that goes into the performances.  Lewis is a lovely lad.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy