Author Topic: Wrist guards??  (Read 1714 times)

WednesdayMarch

Re: Wrist guards??
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 09:18:14 pm »
Is it the single or double sided guards you have experience with? They are obviously quite pricey and I am willing to invest in a good set to avoid future injury but equally don't want to pay for something which is more than I need!

Saw the friend with the wristguards yesterday.  She has the single-sided ones. 
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

pickemmaup

Re: Wrist guards??
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 01:14:46 pm »
I broke my wrist at my first ever LTS lesson - after recovery I've used the Triple 8 wristsavers (not the roller derby wristsavers, just the regular wristsavers).

I would say you need this type to truly prevent a break after a bad fall (I've taken quite a few nasty wrist-first falls in these and felt nothing!) with the plastic that shock absorbs and spreads the impact of the fall. I had mine for 6 months (skating 5/6 times a week for 1+ hours) and have just replaced them as the velcro got a bit worn.

10/10 would recommend and have put others onto these at my rink and they agree it's saved them from some hugely nasty falls.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy