Author Topic: New rink at Havant  (Read 1421 times)

Leif

New rink at Havant
« on: October 03, 2019, 01:16:11 pm »
Apparently the local council has approved a dual pad ice rink at Havant, near Portsmouth. According to my source, who will remain anonymous, primarily if not wholly because I can't remember who it was, there will be two pads. One pad will have an inner area for figure skating, and an outer area for speed skating. The other pad will be for public skating and hockey. I can't find any official documents online to confirm it.

WednesdayMarch

Re: New rink at Havant
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 01:40:34 pm »
Apparently the local council has approved a dual pad ice rink at Havant, near Portsmouth. According to my source, who will remain anonymous, primarily if not wholly because I can't remember who it was, there will be two pads. One pad will have an inner area for figure skating, and an outer area for speed skating. The other pad will be for public skating and hockey. I can't find any official documents online to confirm it.

Oh my!  <head explodes>
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

black

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:10:29 am »
I can't find any official documents online to confirm it.

That's odd since planning applications need to be viewable by the public.

Also while ice rinks are nice :-) it could be being used as a planning application 'sweetener' to get houses built say.

Officially it's referred to as a 'Section 106 Agreement' -> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/8/section/106
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 09:01:49 am »
Slightly OT but plans for Lee Valley are still alive: https://londonist.com/london/sport/lee-valley-ice-centre-redevelopment-twin-ice-rinks

Hope the Havant plans come to pass

Leif

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 09:31:55 pm »
I’ve been asking around and apparently Havant or Portsmouth council has allocated £2,000,000 to find a suitable site. So it looks promising. No confirmation online that I can find.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy