Author Topic: Edea Rondo Boots Question  (Read 1561 times)

Bellis

Edea Rondo Boots Question
« on: September 21, 2019, 03:46:55 pm »
Hello skaters.

I'm new and this is my first post, so please bear with me.

I have a question about Edea Rondo, which are rollerskating boots. I've worn them four or five times, for a couple of hours each time, and they're doing ok and settling in nicely. I have just put in some insoles, which has helped a lot in terms of comfort.

The fit feels fine in terms of length, and the heel area. However, when I wear them, after an hour or so, the wide part of my foot and my toes starts to get that tingly pre-pins-and-needles feeling. It stays for the rest of my session and gradually goes away over a period of about half an hour after I take my skates off. It is particularly pronounced in my left foot, which is slightly wider than my right. (I've had this problem before in my regular shoes too.) I have already adjusted the laces as best I can at the front, without having the boot too loose.)

From the research I have done so far, the boots can be "spot treated" with heat, to mould the interior to the parts of my feet where I feel discomfort. Could I do this myself with a hairdryer, do you think? If so, how, exactly, would I go about it? Alternatively, if you recommend getting a pro to do it, where would be the best place to take my boots for this service? (I'm in London so anywhere in London or the south east would be ideal.) And if you have any other suggestions, please pass them along - I'm grateful for any knowledge that people share with me.

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Edea Rondo Boots Question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 01:41:00 pm »
I expect you've done this but have you tried loosening the laces completely all the way down to the toe end and really opening up the boot, then out your feet in and lace back up lightly until you get to the instep which needs to be quite tight?

It's possible the boots are simply too narrow for you, though it seems unlikely to me as Edea boots are usually on the wide side in my view.

I think heat guns are considered better than a hairdryer as they are more targeted to a specific area - that said, I am not sure what specific area you would adjust - most of what I have seen and read about this involves quite a specific point like ankle or toe.

There are a few skate shops in London and surrounding areas - one at Streatham rink, one in Leinster Terrace (London Skate Centre), Skate Attack at Turnpike Lane.  I don't know if they would do this for you or not - you'd have to ask.

Bellis

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 03:48:07 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I’ve already loosened the laces and will take a trip to Skate Attack, as you suggest. I’ve been there before and they’re super helpful, so if there is something to do, they’ll be able to do it! That said, it’s possible that I’ll just have to wear them a lot and mould the interior to my foot over time. They are very lovely boots, though, and I’m sure I’m going to love them more with each skate.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 03:59:58 pm »
Are you actually on wheels then?  May I ask whether you have somewhere nice to skate?

Bellis

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 05:41:39 pm »
Very much on wheels! I've got a Roll-line plate and wheels, which I'm liking a lot. My set-up is for indoors, and I skate at Roller Nation in Tottenham. I'm getting some softer wheels soon, and will be going down to Hyde Park too, when the weather is dry.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 06:18:33 pm »
Interesting, thanks
I didn’t realise there was a rink there
What kind of skating and what kind of crowd is there in the various sessions?
Are inlines allowed?
Do you do classical figure skating?

Bellis

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 09:19:26 pm »
I didn’t realise there was a rink there

It opened in January. I've been going since April. (It's run by the same people that used to run the rink at Vauxhall, if you remember that?)

What kind of skating and what kind of crowd is there in the various sessions?

It's open Thurs - Sun evenings. Thursday is quite quiet and they play funk and soul. Friday is a night of two halves, with the earlier part of the evening as a roller disco and a never-skated-before crowd. Later it gets into old school house and an older crowd of experienced skaters shows up. Saturday is the big one - a classic roller disco that gets very full indeed, of all sorts of people. Sunday night is for a younger crowd and they play hip hop and R&B. They also have a family session on Saturday afternoons. There's more info on their website - rollernation dot com

Are inlines allowed?

Absolutely. As long as you've got wheels on your feet, its all good.

Do you do classical figure skating?

Sadly not. I did look into it but it's not really an option for me, for a variety of reasons. So I just do rink skating and I'm learning a bit of dance as I go along.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 09:51:10 pm »
Ah thanks for that.  Excuse my ignorance, but please can you share with us your definition of "rink skating" and "dance" in this context, and most importantly can you do the Crazy Legs?  My daughter, if I say so myself, does a wicked version of it on inlines but then she's able to make it flow by going up on her toes a lot.  It's the ballet.  But as with so many of those things it's probably best done on quads.  She's been showing me something called "Candy" as well.  She skates with the quaddies in Hyde Park now and again.
I've never skated indoors on wheels - for me it's always been an outdoor thing as I skate indoors on ice - but it's good to have options.

Bellis

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 10:01:13 pm »
These are my definitions. they almost certainly aren't the only ones!

Rink skating is any skating done at a roller rink. Dance skating is what the cool guys and girls at Hyde Park do.

And no, I can't do Crazy Legs yet. Not even close. But it's on the to-learn list. 

Maybe see you at roller nation sometime :)

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 10:29:53 pm »
Thanks for that.  Figure skating can be fun too.  So much to learn, so little time!

Crazy Legs is worth learning.  Frustrating and addictive but enormous fun once you get some kind of rhythm going.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy