Author Topic: Edea skaters  (Read 1514 times)

josydavinia

Edea skaters
« on: June 27, 2019, 04:22:25 pm »
Hi,

I'm buying my first pair of Edea boots soon. Just out of curiosity, what is your shoe size and what size edea boot do you wear? I'm going to get fitted professionally but I want to know if I can make junior or senior sizes as this will be what decides whether I can get it this month or next due to cost! I'm a little bit embarrassed about going into a shop and having a fitting and then potentially not being able to buy on the day!

:)

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Edea skaters
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 07:29:11 pm »
My feet are 281mm long and 250mm round the ball.  I am in Chorus 290s.  I think I should be in 285s but because Edeas are pointed for aliens with triangular feet I need a bit more length.

The Sacred Voice

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 10:31:46 pm »
I'm also in Edea Choruses and I'm normally a mens 6.5 in UK sizing (I have teeny feet for a guy), but when I went to buy my Choruses then they didn't have any of those sizes in stock so they suggested I try the size 6 (260) that they did have in stock. They fit and were rather snug but I didn't think anything of it and bought them anyway because the journey of getting to this point had been kinda arduous enough as it was.

Got on the ice first time in them... All good... Half an hour later and my big toe on my right foot (larger foot) is chafing pretty badly and I can no longer feel my heels. Since then they've broken down enough that I no longer have either of those problems anymore, but every single coach I've ever shown my skates too thinks they're not done up tightly enough, which is fundamentally because they're a bit small for me. A part of me wishes I'd stuck to my guns and gone for the 6.5 size, but I'm here now and I don't feel like it's done me too much harm, if any.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:34:12 pm by The Sacred Voice »
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

brightblade

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 12:40:05 pm »
I'm a UK ladies size 5 or 5 1/2 depending on the shoe. I'm in Edea Movitos in 255. They are a snug fit but comfortable enough to skate in.

Rachelb

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 07:35:41 pm »
I'm a UK size 6 or 5.5 and have edea o ertures size 250. I measured my feet using the drawing around them method and they were 240. I think edea say leave 5mm wiggle room so that should be 245. I must admit I have a little movement on the heel tho not alot and I do only wear very thin tights to skate. I do wonder if the 245 would have been better but also whether the width would then be an issue

nikkionknives

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 10:12:45 pm »
Don’t be embarrassed about going for a fitting and not being able to buy the same day! Any good skate shop worth its salt will know that buying boots can be a complicated affair. I’m looking at buying new skates and have been for two fittings at my local store already: I left the first with nothing because they had very limited stock and I didn’t manage to find the right boot for me; then I left the second last week with nothing because the fitting showed that I could go for the Chorus instead of the Overture due to my weight, which meant I would have to buy separate blades and that would have to wait for payday. The skate tech was so helpful even knowing that I wouldn’t be purchasing that day. It probably happens all the time.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy