Author Topic: Learn to play hockey at Basingstoke ice rink  (Read 1077 times)

Leif

Learn to play hockey at Basingstoke ice rink
« on: June 24, 2019, 08:38:56 am »
I thought I'd mention this here. Basingstoke ice rink have a learn to play hockey course on Saturday morning, typically from 9:45 am to 10:30 am though times do vary. £60 for 6 lessons if you book before the start of the course, or £15 on the day, including free public skating, so if you block book you are paying ~£2 above the public skating fee for the hockey tuition. That's good value.

It's open to anyone, any age, even - say it quietly - figure skaters (though they will need hockey skates). There are lots of little kids, a few older ones, and quite a few middle aged people. I think they have some sticks to loan out. You will need basic skating skills and your own hockey skates.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:21:40 am by Leif »

The Sacred Voice

Re: Learn to play hockey at Basingstoke ice rink
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 10:11:12 pm »
This is a good shout. I have always been of the opinion that getting into the ice sports can be relatively cheap if you do it right. Basic group figure skating lessons do typically work out as marginally more than just paying for public and my last rink let you have the public time as well, so if you were even the tiniest bit interested in learning how to skate then it was really worth it to pick up the lesson for like £1 more than the public cost.
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

Leif

Re: Learn to play hockey at Basingstoke ice rink
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 07:24:44 am »
There are learn to skate classes for figure skaters at the same time, for anyone who prefers figure skating. Just duck when you see a puck flying towards you.  :o I’m kidding, of course.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy