Author Topic: Edea Ice Flys - Fitting Advice  (Read 3797 times)

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

Re: Edea Ice Flys - Fitting Advice
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 11:59:43 am »
Edea Overtures made me bleed while breaking them in. Never been happier to switch boots. Now very happy in wide fitting Jackson Debuts (Firm rating).

A lot of people have the Ice Fly at my rink, no one has the Pianos but I really dislike the way both those boots look.

My coach is also in Jackson boots and has a mild hatred of Edeas, I'm not sure why though. I hate them cos they attempted to ruin my feet!

To the OP, don't let our opinions put you off - I hope your fitting goes well and the boots work well for you.
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 12:19:09 pm »
Funny, of the boots I have owned my Edeas have required zero break in and have never given my feet any trouble.
It just goes to show how subjective it is.

spinZZ

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 06:27:47 pm »
(And don't get me started on Piano.  They look like the plastic ones made for Barbie dolls.  Hideous.)

Agree about Piano- they look cheap and nasty though obviously are neither.

A lot of people have the Ice Fly at my rink, no one has the Pianos but I really dislike the way both those boots look.

That's three comments concerning the looks of the Pianos, and not one comment concerning their function.  A friend of mine is a high-level competitive skater; she trains 28 hr/wk on ice.  She told me her Ice Flys lasted only 8 mos, but her Pianos 18 mos. 

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 07:58:46 pm »

That's three comments concerning the looks of the Pianos, and not one comment concerning their function.  A friend of mine is a high-level competitive skater; she trains 28 hr/wk on ice.  She told me her Ice Flys lasted only 8 mos, but her Pianos 18 mos.

Oooh, that's very interesting.  I shall file that away for future reference.

Still hate the look of 'em, though.  ;)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

josydavinia

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 04:21:22 pm »
I think I got carried away with the idea of pretty over function!

I am most likely never going to do a double jump, let alone triples and quads. Therefore, I think I'll still to Overtures and get them a little bit sooner too (although I will always lust over Ice Flys! :()

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 06:19:29 pm »
I think I got carried away with the idea of pretty over function!

I am most likely never going to do a double jump, let alone triples and quads. Therefore, I think I'll still to Overtures and get them a little bit sooner too (although I will always lust over Ice Flys! :()

I think that's a very sensible decision.  Overtures come in several width fittings.  The widest is actually too wide for me but works for a friend of mine who found that Graf 500s and Jackson Artiste were too narrow for her.  You should be able to find a pair that suit.  And there's no harm in working your way towards a pair of Ice Flys in the future, but for the level you're at now you'd really be overbooted.  Keep practising and you'll get there, though. 
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

josydavinia

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 08:55:55 am »
I think that's a very sensible decision.  Overtures come in several width fittings.  The widest is actually too wide for me but works for a friend of mine who found that Graf 500s and Jackson Artiste were too narrow for her.  You should be able to find a pair that suit.  And there's no harm in working your way towards a pair of Ice Flys in the future, but for the level you're at now you'd really be overbooted.  Keep practising and you'll get there, though.

My 500s pinch at the moment but I also know that my foot ends up too far forward in them as my insole is completely white for about a centimetre and a half at the back - oddly enough, now I'm getting a new pair they've been super comfortable over the last few days!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy