Author Topic: Risport skaters  (Read 2780 times)

May

Risport skaters
« on: May 31, 2019, 09:34:20 pm »
Hi, just curious to know if you wear risport boots, how does your shoe size compare to your risport boot size? Is it the same? Is it bigger or smaller and how much bigger or smaller is it?
I skate on risports rf4 275mm my shoe size is U.K. 7, I want to get the rf3 but apparently sizing is slightly bigger. How much my foot measures 266mm at its longest, which indicates I should skate on 270?, 275 feels good but don’t know if risports fit in the bigger size these days.

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Risport skaters
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:13:01 am »
My younger daughter's feet are 243 and she has 245 Risports, has had no trouble with them.

May

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 04:11:11 pm »
Oh, thank you this is helpful. I was told I should measure my feet in cm and add 1cm for a professional fit, just scared to buy skates that are too big or too small.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 04:21:20 pm »
Best to try on first and if not able to, make sure you can return them if they don’t fit.
1cm sounds a lot to me, would think 5mm better.
From what I see, most adults seem to buy skates that are too big for them, which makes it harder to skate properly.

May

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 04:31:01 pm »
I agree, it seems like 4-5mm should be enough room, I did think 10 extra mm are definitely too roomy, and I’m guessing that curling of my toes trying to get a grip is the proof of that

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 05:00:33 pm »
Toe curling is not good

Mindoro1972

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 03:55:37 pm »
Hello

I have a long history of fitting issues with my daughter....

From the Risport size chart, you measure your feet and add either 1 cm or 1.5 cm to get your boot size. In theory high end skater only add 1 cm, in practice, it depends.... My dauthger had enormous issues when we went with the 1cm and none when we go with the 1.5cm.... We are talking about a few mm in length and apparently it makes a enormous difference for her comfort (cramps, tongue rubbing....)

Here is the link i found that was very helpful:
https://www.kinziescloset.com/risport-skate-sizing-chart.html

Bottom line is, whatever everybody says, do what's best for you. Whatever works  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy