Author Topic: Learn g one foot spin and now cant do 2 foot!?  (Read 683 times)

Rachelb

Learn g one foot spin and now cant do 2 foot!?
« on: April 27, 2019, 06:04:24 pm »
Hi so I've been working hard on trying to achieve a one foot spin and was making a bit of progress so feeling pleased BUT in the process I seem to now be unable to do a basic 2 foot spin😣 when i attempt it I just grind to a holy before even a single rotation.
Any advice on what im doing wrong!!??

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: Learn g one foot spin and now cant do 2 foot!?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 07:57:26 pm »
You're not doing anything wrong, per se; it's quite normal to lose the two-foot version when you start on the one-foot.  It'll come back.  Don't worry about it.  Honestly.  It'll be fine.  Enjoy learning the one-foot - it's progress!  8)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 07:15:57 am »
I learned the one-foot version first and it took me ages to "get" two-footed spins.  Now I am better at two feet.  I think generally there's a dominant foot in the spin anyway and maybe you are being a bit heavy-footed now with the "other" foot - although it arguably requires more balance to spin on one foot there is only one foot to go wrong.  You'll get there - be patient and try to listen to your body and experiment to get the feel for both spins, and what you need to do to make them work.

spinZZ

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 02:34:03 pm »
I agree that it's quite normal to lose a maneuver that you were previously good at once you start concentrating on learning something new.  One factor is simply the amount of time you spend practicing a particular maneuver:  once you started concentrating on a one-foot spin, you likely didn't spend that much time practicing a two-foot spin.  Another factor is the balance and overall body position for a one-foot spin is quite different from that for a two-foot spin.   For a one-foot spin, you've probably spent a lot of effort centering your weight over the spinning foot.  Your body has gotten used to it.  Then, when you try to center your weight more evenly between two feet, your body fights it.  If you want to maintain both a two-foot and a one-foot spin, you'll need to keep practicing both regularly.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy