Author Topic: Excruciating arch pain 😭  (Read 768 times)

AbiJ

Excruciating arch pain 😭
« on: April 03, 2019, 03:35:37 pm »
Hello all, I’m on here to have a cry about my excruciating arch pain. I went from Graf 500 (moderate arch pain) to Jackson debut which made arch pain a lot worse. I tried the off the shelf insoles from Everglides but they didn’t help. I also hated the feel of the Jackson’s, they hurt everywhere and I wished I’d bought the Edeas I fell in love with after trying them on but didn’t go for as would’ve had to buy new Coronation ace blades to fit them as mine were 1/4” too long. Anyway, I found a pair of barely used Edea overture with Coronation ace blades on eBay and they fit like a dream and are so comfortable- until I try to jump. Then the arch pain is agony and I can’t concentrate on practicing, I have to keep taking them off. The pain is a bit better if I loosen the skates but then I feel unstable and can’t find my edges properly, it’s so frustrating. I’m considering getting custom insoles from Everglides and would love to hear from anyone who has tried them. I have very high arches but have never had any pain with them before I started jumping in figure skates.

WednesdayMarch

Re: Excruciating arch pain 😭
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 05:42:51 pm »
I have very high insteps (ex ballet dancer) and started getting appalling foot pain when landing jumps.  It travelled up from my foot, through the ankle, knee and up to the hip.  Eventually I was forced to hobble into a branch of Scholl and plead for help.  The assistant looked at my feet and my boots, rolled his eyes and said, "Your arches have fallen.  There's a surprise."  I wasn't convinced but he put some arch supports into my shoes and they worked miracles.  He then put them into my skates and I could have hugged him, so great was the difference.  I honestly hobbled into that store and practically skipped out.

I can't find the steel and leather supports I had all those years ago, but when I went back to skating 18 months or so ago, I bought a pair of simple leather ones on Amazon and they are great.  I don't jump now and I don't know how these would stand up to jumps, but they would probably be worth a try as they are very inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Longitudinal-Arch-Support-Men-Women/dp/B0721LF8L6/ref=sr_1_106?adgrpid=48765134290&hvadid=259067996317&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9045285&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=1840806276123671401&hvtargid=aud-613328383199%3Akwd-29700173&keywords=arch+support&qid=1554309290&s=gateway&sr=8-106

I do hope you get this sorted without too much more pain - or outlay.  It really is ghastly.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

AbiJ

Re: Excruciating arch pain 😭
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 09:48:52 pm »
Wednesday March thanks, I will give those a try. I’m so desperate to get this sorted out, I feel like I’m going backwards as can’t do anything as well as I once could, and learning anything new is out of the question when I’m in so much pain!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy