Author Topic: Graf Availability  (Read 753 times)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Graf Availability
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:48:42 pm »
Does anybody know whether Graf boots (not the beginners sets, ie 500, Bolero etc) are available in the UK at the moment?  I have an adult beginner friend with very wide feet, who is struggling to find suitable boots.  Her current Jacksons are much too long but it was the only way she could get the width she needs.  Nothing she's tried seems to fit.  She tried on my Graf Dance and now really wants a pair (Dance or a freestyle boot) in the L(wide) fitting.  I can only find the sets online.  I know that there were rumours that they had stopped manufacturing a while ago, but as Graf are worn by many elite skaters and they are still very active on social media, surely they must still be going?  As I'm based in Cornwall, we have no shops or fitters anywhere close to ask.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Graf Availability
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:11:46 pm »
Your nearest shop may be Everglides, but you might not consider that near.  Arguably worth the trip if you're spending £100s though.  I have this email address for Graf in Switzerland, pretty sure they are still going, think it was Graf Canada that had problems.

[email protected]

They sent me this a while back, even offered to make up a custom skate for me though had to order through UK shop.  They seem pretty helpful, try emailing them, or get in touch with New English.  I know people who have bought direct from New English at good prices.
Our distributor for GB the company New English , Rushden:

address: 23 Fitzwilliam St, Rushden NN10 9YW, 
Fon :+44 1933 314194

could help you finding a shop in your area.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: Graf Availability
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 08:30:14 pm »
Of course!  New English!  I always forget about them...  ::)  I'll ask them.  Thank you.

I think Everglides is the nearest shop to me, and it's a lot closer to me when I'm up in Hampshire!  They weren't very helpful last time I expressed an interest in trying some Graf Dance but might be worth asking again.  My friend says that her husband will happily drive her up there if it's the nearest place to go to get some boots that fit her.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy