Author Topic: Feet measuring for new skates!?  (Read 867 times)

Rachelb

Feet measuring for new skates!?
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:25:20 pm »
Any advice welcome..I'm considering getting a pair of Edea skates 2nd hand so used the advice of drawing around my foot and measuring to get the size needed. I measured 245 ish so based on this would get size 250 skates. HOWEVER this seems to equate to a UK shoe size 4.5. I am normally a 6 or possibly 5.5!? Does anyone have any experience on sizing and would this sound right. I know ideally I should be trying boots on but will struggle to get the opportunity to do so.

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
Re: Feet measuring for new skates!?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:03:06 pm »

I have Edea Chorus - these are size 8 and I am size 10 in normal shoes. Ice skate sizes do not always equate to your normal shoe sizes

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 10:21:34 pm »
My younger daughter's feet are 243 and she has 245 Risports, has had no trouble with them.  I think most people have street shoes that are slightly too big for them because it really doesn't matter.  In your street shoes, push your heel hard back against the back of the shoe and see how much room you have in front of your toes - I bet it is a lot.  There should be minimal room between your toes and the front of the skate, but the toes must be able to lay flat and not be scrunched up.  I find width more problematic - getting skates that are not too long but that are wide enough.  I find Edeas a bit too wide personally.  I would be surprised if 250s were too big for you.  Best to try, but if you can't, make sure they have a reasonable returns policy.

Leif

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:12:35 am »
My street shoes are size nine, my hockey skates are sizes 6.5 and 6.75. My toes almost touch the ends of my street shoes, skate sizing is weird.

Bear in mind that different models and makes of skate will fit different foot shapes, so it's not just the length, it's the shape too. For example, I have flipper shaped feet: narrow heels, flat and wide(ish) at the front. Some people have wide heels , a deep forefoot and pointy toes.

Rachelb

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 01:58:50 pm »
Thank you for all the help guys very much appreciated. I think you have confirmed what I thought was right but I just started doubting myself as there seemed such a difference in size!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy