Author Topic: Cramping in Edea Chorus  (Read 1119 times)

basicallyabitaverage

Cramping in Edea Chorus
« on: November 12, 2018, 11:58:13 am »
About 5 weeks ago, I bought some Edea Chorus boots. I had never been in Edeas before, but as soon as I put them on, I experienced intense achy pain in my inner arches. It was so bad that I couldn’t get through 20 mins of skating without getting off to give my feet a break. I tried the hairdryer in boots with socks on before I skated and it didn’t work even slightly. I then purchased Superfeet Yellow at my boot fitters suggestion, which helped marginally for a week or so, but now the pain is even worse. So bad in fact, that I can’t walk without extreme pain for about 4hours after my skating session. My boots were fitted by a reputable boot fitter and recommended to me by my coach. Is there anything else I can do? I already lace them as per Edea’s guidelines.

black

• Skate free
Re: Cramping in Edea Chorus
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:53:44 pm »
You didn't experience any of this pain when you had the skate fitting?

Have the arch support insoles that you brought broken down, or moved slightly since insertion?

Do you use orthotic insoles in any other footwear?

Is the boot width wide enough? It's not cramping your foot when you lace up? Any pain/rubbing on the sides?

They are a stiff boot and it's possible you are working muscles in your foot more so.

https://ice.edeaskates.com/en/skaters-tips/lacing-properly/how-do-i-tight-my-lace/

"Laces should then be pulled tighter across the instep to keep the heel securely in place"

This is about where the pain is?
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

deimante

Re: Cramping in Edea Chorus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 05:18:18 pm »
i've actually got a similar problem with my edea overtures. my right inner arch usually aches at the beginning of the session or if i'm skating on my right foot more. i've got the boot punched and it helped a little so you might want to consider that. i also got recommended to roll a tennis ball and stretch before and after skating as it may help to relax the muscles  O0.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy