Author Topic: Figure Skating shops in the North (preferably near Sheffield)  (Read 1093 times)

Katie_95

Figure Skating shops in the North (preferably near Sheffield)
« on: September 17, 2018, 02:08:04 pm »
I recently found out that my Graff Bolero skates are of recreational standard, unsuitable for practising single waltz and up. I want to purchase a better pair but as I have wide-ish feet, I would rather try the boots on before buying. With skates being so expensive, I don't want to just buy online and risk the pair not fitting as well as I would like. Does anyone know of any decent skate stores in the North? I am willing to travel out to other cities.

Thank you :)

Snufkin

Re: Figure Skating shops in the North (preferably near Sheffield)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:44:05 pm »
I haven't been there but isn't Ice Locker at the Sheffield ice rink? icelocker.co.uk. At my local rink (Whitley Bay) there is Ice Box Skating which does skate fittings and everything but probably a bit further north than you wanted.
Started skating August 2017

Katie_95

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 06:16:54 pm »
Google maps is saying there's a puckstop at the rink, but it only stocks hockey stuff. Think I will head out to the shop and see it in person, just in case they have figure skates. Worth a try...

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:22:14 pm »

That link is out of date. Puck Stop was in two places. In the rink for figure and across the road for hockey. They are now only across the road. There is still a shop in the rink and is for Figures

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 08:56:06 pm »
Ice locker at Sheffield inside the rink is good, they stock Edea, risport, Jackson to name a few. pucks stop is actually a different shop over the road. Hope this helps :)

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 03:44:10 pm »
Ice locker at Sheffield, definitely. Was there a few weeks ago for new skates and was very happy with the service I received :)
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy