Author Topic: Sheffield Skaters?  (Read 992 times)

The Sacred Voice

Sheffield Skaters?
« on: September 13, 2018, 12:15:41 pm »
So it looks like I'm moving up to Sheffield, which is exciting except for the fact I don't know anyone up there, etc. Any Sheffield adult skaters on here? I'm probably going to see if I can join the adult group lessons for a bit until I'm settled and have a better idea of what my life schedule looks like. Anyone currently in those?
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

Emmy

Re: Sheffield Skaters?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:24:38 pm »
I'm not too far from Sheffield, but skate at Bradford as its closer (I'm between the two). Didn't know Sheffield did adults only sessions so might check them out. More ice time is always good!

Katie_95

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:17:23 pm »
I've literally just moved to Sheffield one month ago! I'm hoping to get out to the rink once I have settled into work and such. I'm not very good at skating, but I've always had an interest and even took a few classes with my uni over in Hull. With a bit of practice, I'm hoping to complete Skate UK 1-10 one day. Maybe I'll see you out on the ice  :)

black

• Skate free
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 11:49:33 am »
You might see some of us around the Adult Championship time, since it is usually held there.

I skated at Sheffield a while back - it feels quite competitive, and some of the sessions are (IMO dangerously) busy.

There are 2 pads and plently of ice time, so find what works for you.

Not sure what the prices are now, but a monthly patch card helped on the cost side.
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy