Author Topic: Single Salchow  (Read 2286 times)

The Sacred Voice

Single Salchow
« on: April 26, 2018, 05:07:55 pm »
I'm in the purple shirt with the red gloves. Apologies for the spotty video quality, some months back I dropped my phone and smashed the cover on the lens of my phone's camera, so it's been kinda blotchy since then :P The clang of blades you hear at the 9 second mark are actually my own, how I stayed up I don't know, I felt for sure I was heading for disaster when I heard the smack :D

This is about where I'm up to with single Salchow at the moment. My current areas for improvement on it are trying to hold the back left inside for longer after the 3 turn, getting more knee bend on the jumping leg and bringing my arms in more definitely through the rotation. I could definitely have held the landing glide for longer as well, but that was me being lazy rather than something I need to fix ::)

I honestly wish I could take more videos of myself skating, (I was hoping to get all the singles up to Lutz recorded that session), but I don't have a good setup for propping my camera up on the side, and the people I practise with are often busy with their own stuff so I don't like to bother them. Fortunately, I managed to snag a friend to film this while she stood by the side ;D
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

The Sacred Voice

Re: Single Salchow
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 06:56:43 pm »
I just realised I should've posted this over in the Your Skate Vids thread! :-[ Oops, I can't delete the thread so I'll just leave it and try to be a better person next time! ???
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

Snufkin

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:49:39 pm »
How nice to see videos of other forum members. Your salchow is looking fantastic! You have great extension. That 'blades clicking together' sound makes my blood run cold though...
Started skating August 2017

Laimelde

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 11:30:35 pm »
It looks great to me TSV! I'm sure it'll improve with time and practice too.

I'm still trying to get my waltz/3-jump to look like a jump instead of a tiny hop  ;D

black

• Skate free
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 07:39:07 pm »
The clang of blades you hear at the 9 second mark are actually my own, how I stayed up I don't know, I felt for sure I was heading for disaster when I heard the smack :D

How much chrome do you have left on your blades?  :)

Nice jump btw  O0
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy