Author Topic: Facebook groups  (Read 797 times)

FamilySkater

Facebook groups
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:26:12 am »
Can anyone recommend any busy UK facebook groups for adult figure skating?
I'm thinking one where people buy and sell used skates and stuff and maybe also one where I might find a coach available.
Thank-you :)

WednesdayMarch

Re: Facebook groups
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:58:16 pm »
For buying and selling try, "Everything Ice Skating UK".  There is also "UK Adult Ice Skating Group", which has a good mix of people on it, from adult beginners, through ice addicts to professionals and coaches. 
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 02:27:47 pm »
Can anyone recommend any busy UK facebook groups for adult figure skating?
I'm thinking one where people buy and sell used skates and stuff and maybe also one where I might find a coach available.
Thank-you :)

It's worth looking on eBay and Gumtree for used skates and equipment.  There's not a great selection but you might get lucky.  Also worth checking local rink noticeboards.  The shop at Streatham rink sells a good selection of used figure and hockey skates, think the one at Lee Valley does too.

As far as coaches go, people sometimes post on this forum asking for coach recommendations - depending on where you skate you might get lucky and find some people on this forum who can give you some information about the coaches at your rink(s).

Greycut

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:29:57 pm »
Facebook group: For sale and wanted ice figure skating

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy