Author Topic: Pinched nerve? Help!  (Read 2169 times)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: Pinched nerve? Help!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 11:27:25 pm »
Oh, that's great news.  8)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Greycut

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 05:18:51 pm »
Glad to hear your ok.  Picking up on a comment earlier about trying to change the way you lace up.

I've generally worn Jackson boots and laced them the usual way I tie shoes, i.e. through the inside eyelet out of the top,  then over to the other side under the inside etc.  Hope you can follow that.  The trouble with this method is no matter how tight you do the laces they slip and feel too loose, so you end up doing multiple re-lacings eventually over tightening every section as much as possible, which causes lacebite pain. The shops I've bought them from tied them this way as well so I never thought anything of it.  This causes premature breakdown of the boots.

Having bought Edea boots this last time they recommend to lace, in the top - out of the bottom etc and it really does lock the laces.  Here's a video of the method.  https://youtu.be/xMd3EpUSFcY

Try the edea method it see if it helps. 

I now use a hybrid of the two that really works well for me, which is the normal method across the toes, except for the last holes where I use the Edea method.  This allows you to lock in the foot position which doesn't slip, but gives a little bit of slip to the top of the foot as you bend your knees. 

Anyone else have any special way of tightening their boots?

Robbo

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 11:15:38 pm »
Thanks for the link. Actually today I laced up how I do normally however on the last hole I went outside I rather than inside out. This worked wonders but Might give this new method a go. Now I’ve properly broken in these skates and I’m feeling more comfortable I’ll be swapping to my waxed laces which should help too.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy