Author Topic: Sheffield - Tuesday evening - what happened to all the adults?  (Read 942 times)

WifaWobble

Six or so years ago I went regularly to a session from, as I recall, 7:30 to 9:15 or thereabouts, which was a cross between patch ice and a general figure skating club.  Lots of adults, and kids.  In fact a good mix.  Went three or four weeks ago and pretty much all the adults have drifted away.  Where to?

The Sacred Voice

Re: Sheffield - Tuesday evening - what happened to all the adults?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:24:54 pm »
I am considering moving to Sheffield so this thread and any potential answers are being closely watched by me...

I don't know if we have any current regular posters that skate at Sheffield though!
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

ceiliaanne

• Carnage on ice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:01:31 am »
I remember a post on the UK adult figure skating FB group that said Sheffield cancelled the adult session, or something like that.  You may have more luck finding out if you join that FB group.
'There's no one in the world harder to please than a skate coach' - Peppermint Patty

Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:54:45 am »
It's still on, I skate a sheffield but I'm level 5 so not academy level yet ;D
http://www.icesheffieldskatingacademy.co.uk this has the ice time diary and info
I can't comment on how busy it is as I've never been but have been eyeing  it up for if and when I'm good enough ;D

WifaWobble

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 06:43:38 pm »
When is a club an academy, I wonder?  The skating "academy" link opens to a page headed "Sheffield ice Skating Club"?!  And surely someone on Level 5 NISA tests is more than able to join and be better than many on there?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy