Author Topic: Looking for rink opinions  (Read 2984 times)

The Sacred Voice

Re: Looking for rink opinions
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 11:31:42 pm »
Sheffield facilities are brilliant, best rink I’ve skated on in the UK :)

I've been considering Sheffield because the rent is cheap, the rink is (of course) very well known and well equipped, and because the course I'm thinking of studying I can do over in Doncaster and I'd only be commuting over there a day a week so living in Sheffield the rest of the time with a part time job would probably work out pretty well.

So far the peeps at my rink (pretty much everyone I speak to there) are heavily recommending Cardiff. Criticism against Sheffield from them is that it's very busy because of its reputation, so not sure how to think. Still waiting to hear back from the college I've applied to in Cardiff so nothing's decided yet.

Guildford's also being considered but I haven't finished the application for them and I'm concerned about how expensive it is to live there.
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

Laimelde

Re: Looking for rink opinions
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 06:42:36 am »
Little late to your party here, but I loved Cardiff. I never knew the previous rink (The Big Blue Tent) as I didn't start learn to skate lessons until about 6 months after the current rink had opened. The current one is pretty great - the double pads mean they frequently have public sessions in the smaller rink whilst other things (patch, group classes, hockey games or practice sessions) are on in the main arena.

My knowledge of the patch sessions and private coaching options are limited though - since I was starting from scratch I only did the adult group classes and practiced in public sessions on the weekends. But I skated there regularly for about 7 months and loved it.

And then my visa ran out about 12 months ago, so I had to move home and find a new rink here in Sydney ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy