Author Topic: which skate is best for me?  (Read 626 times)

Tboy

which skate is best for me?
« on: February 04, 2018, 08:39:24 pm »
hey everyone! ı am writing in Turkey. ı am 17years old male and ı just found out beauty of ıce skating. ı used these blue rental skate(they give me huge scar on my feet) but ı had too much fun. I don't have much money and euro,sterlin and dollar rates are so high. thats why all skate are so expensive. ı just want to skate and have fun. I saw this* skate at decathlon is this skate okey for me?(ı read its blades are not full of steel) or are there any better skates which is cheap like this? Thank you!

*ı guess ı am not allowed to add links so ı attach link with note pad

FamilySkater

Re: which skate is best for me?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:55:34 am »
There are probably not many places you can buy skates for that price. Most skates cost a lot more. Does your rink have a shop? They might sell pre-owned skates which you could try on first.

Please remember, you will need to get new skates sharpened before you use them for the first time.

The Sacred Voice

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:09:59 am »
In my personal opinion, skates at the price range of the boot you linked aren't much better than just learning in the nasty, blue rental skates - they might be slightly more comfortable so if comfort's your primary concern then I'd suggest seeing if you can try them somewhere (maybe your local rink has some in stock?) before you buy. Otherwise you could probably just save the money and learn in rentals. I knew a woman that used rental skates for over a year before she finally got her own and I don't think it really held her back much.

If you wanted a recommendation for something to learn in that would support you better for the early learning in the long run then I'm no expert but there're a variety of novice level skates you could consider, although they would be about three times as expensive as what you linked. I only know a few of the figure skating novice ones (Graf 500, Risport RF4 to name two) so if you're drawn to a hockey style skate then hopefully one of the forum's hockey people can suggest something.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:11:40 am by The Sacred Voice »
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

Leif

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 02:56:20 pm »
You really should not buy without first sticking your feet into a pair, as an ill fitting pair will cause discomfort, blisters, and difficulty skating. Maybe you can save up enough for decent skates. I can't say how much you need to pay, but if you want hockey skates, then I am sure Bauer are okay even at the budget end. Be aware that unless I am mistaken budget hockey skates come in only one width and can be too narrow if you have wide feet.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy