Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 1028 times)

The Sacred Voice

Merry Christmas!
« on: December 25, 2017, 02:24:46 am »
Merry Christmas!

I've had to add one new peeve about Christmas to my list though: no rink access for two weeks! So much for my upright spin progress! :D ;D ::)
I'm blogging about my skating journey, please read along at dontexcelaxel.blogspot.com

transmissionoftheflame

Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 01:09:20 pm »
You will return to skating and to spinning refreshed and with renewed vigour.

At least all the people who skate around this time of year and make the rinks crowded are keeping them going so us diehards can skate all year round.

I have two skating wishes for 2018:

1.  A pair of boots that fit me really well.  I have some inline skates that do that, now want to find figure boots as good.

2.  To be able to enjoy the process of learning, even when things are not going well.

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »
My skating wishes for 2018 are:-

1.  For either my boots to stop being so uncompromisingly uncomfortable (I'm hoping for ankle bones that don't hurt so much; ideally this will happen as I get used to my old boots again, my ankles toughen up and the padding and leather lining soften) or to find a new pair that are blissful and suited to my skating as it all comes back;

2.  For it all to come back!

3.  Time on a proper ice rink, not a small, kidney-shaped one or a seasonal frozen puddle.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for both those options being available in the arse-end of nowhere but...

Merry Christmas!

Is it over yet...?
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Snufkin

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 08:53:30 pm »
Thankfully my rink is only closed for two days over Christmas. I had my usual lessons yesterday and I'm planning to get some daytime ice time on Wednesday ;D Though I'm sure the public ice be really busy until after new year now.

I've bought myself a Christmas present of one of those theft-resistant bags that you can lock around things and are really hard to cut, because my rink doesn't have lockers and somebody had their phone stolen recently so I'm not enjoying leaving my things rinkside unprotected.

My coach is off for two weeks now and she wants me to pick some competition music by the time she gets back. Nothing I find seems satisfactory to me and I think it's because I don't feel ready to do a whole routine yet. I'm only just learning waltz jumps and my one foot spin goes round about 3 times and I just don't feel confident performing after only a few months since I started skating. But I am quite shy about performing in general and I'm going to try and trust my coach, she's usually pretty good and giving me tasks I can handle and she knows my level.
Started skating August 2017

FamilySkater

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 11:58:12 pm »
My teens got skates for Christmas and I'll be shopping very soon for mine :D

Our seasonal frozen puddle doesn't have one of those ice-smoother machines this year, I'm torn between gratitude that we have somewhere to skate and annoyance at the bone shaking, teeth rattling experience. We are planning to do the hour long journey to a proper rink at least a couple of times a month this year.

Florence

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 01:13:44 pm »
It's not long before the hour long journey soon starts to feel less of a journey and more of a routine Family Skater. Before you know it your couple times month becomes couple times weekly! (and more)

Happy Festive period everyone  :)

My skating goal is simply to have my Mojo back more than not! And stick at lessons longer this skating year.

I'd obviously love to pass at least level 5 and 6 by this time next year, but I am now experienced enough to know that I can't do this by desire alone!  I absolutely know I have the ability to do it (else I would have quit a long time ago!) I just need to reign in my Social Anxiety....... that is the tricky bit!

Hoping you all get back to skating soon and have lots of fun times  :smitten:

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy