Author Topic: RF help - new models??  (Read 877 times)

ice_panda

RF help - new models??
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:50:53 pm »

Ok so my daughter is wearing RF Lites, she's doing double jumps now, landing Salchow, toe loop and loop. She is extremely slender and light footed.

She is very reluctant to change boots as she loves the fact that they are light, hence why she's doing doubles in them - telling me her boots still fit.

So I went onto the Risport site which used to be really good at describing the jump level for each boot but I am bamboozled by all the new boots.

Does anyone know what Risport boot will be closest to the Lite? She has a very narrow foot so I am not sure Edea will be any good despite the lure of the bling on the Ice Fly

Thanks!!....

katepilarr

Re: RF help - new models??
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:50:13 pm »
if her boots fit and are not broken she doesnt need new boots imho. dont see the reason why she would need them.
risports used to be a simply RF4 -RF3 - RF2-  RF1, with RF4s  beeing the lowest level boot.  I think RF Lites are a lighter version of RF4s. so obviously next step up would be RF3s. Adult female skater around me wear RF3s and males wear RF3s or 2s. I wouldnt change the brand if Risports fit her well. Edeas are a totally different shaped boot as well as Jacsons are. If you still want to experiment and try new brand, go to a shop and try them on. RF3s are suitable for doubles. Does your coach not have an input on boots?
What blades does she skate on? I have seen pictures of Lites on the internet with beginners blades - those would not work well even for single toe assisted jumps.
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

ice_panda

Re: RF help - new models??
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:56:53 am »

Thanks for the reply Kate,

my daughter did actually need new boots, she had grown out of them although she was trying to deny it! The blades she was using were the ones that come with the boot - the Mark IV.

In the end we went to Everglides in Gosport where she got new Risport boots, the Royal Elite, we also got Coronation Ace blades so she should now be good up to triple jumps! It turns out that the Lite is only for "starting to jump" so now she's got her new boots she is seeing a vast difference.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy