Author Topic: WANTED old style MK GOLD STAR Blades size 10 1/3" only!  (Read 3016 times)

icemagnet

WANTED old style MK GOLD STAR Blades size 10 1/3" only!
« on: June 10, 2016, 08:43:56 pm »
WANTED old style MK GOLD STAR Blades size 10 1/3" only! must be new and unused condition please.

icedout

Re: WANTED old style MK GOLD STAR Blades size 10 1/3" only!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:25:28 am »
Did you manage to find a pair of these?? i have read in other parts of the forum that the old style skates were there is more of a heel are hard to come across, yet apparently would fit better than the newer ice hockey skates??

icedout

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 04:13:40 am »
Did you manage to find a pair of these?? i have read in other parts of the forum that the old style skates were there is more of a heel are hard to come across, yet apparently would fit better than the newer ice hockey skates??

saying that you might be able to find some here at http://www.for-sale.co.uk/vintage-ice-skates
It is a great website that finds you the best online prices throughout many online stores definitely worth a look you might find what you are looking for or some inspiration ( old style skates ) 

icemagnet

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:03:17 pm »
Thanks for the info but I have found a pair of these free skating blades yet. :(

Loops

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 04:38:40 am »
Thanks for the info but I have found a pair of these free skating blades yet. :(

:(  curious though. Whats the difference between the old style GS and the new ones? Hmmm I've just realised my patch blades (80s era silver tests) are also sized in 3rds.... but I don't think that's the change of which you speak...

Did you try in the US? You may need to call some of the old, established shops. You never know what treasures they have in their stock rooms. I'd start with Mike Cunningham at Skaters Paradise in Waldorf Maryland, and rainbo sports outside of Chicago. Good luck!

icemagnet

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 03:00:13 pm »
I've still not had any luck in my quest to find a pair of the old stlye MK GOLD STAR Blades size 10 1/3" yet! And I did try the both of shops in the US as suggested.

The difference between the old style GS and the new ones were height of blade from ice was lower the sole plates smaller in size with toe picks set closer to the ice and all made out sheffield tool steel which used to stay sharpe whole lot longer.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy